Firmware update / Stock ROM : Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950F to Android 8.0.0 Oreo. The firmware available for downloading at https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-s8/SM-G950F/. You can download your Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950F firmware at the page and visit it to new update. You can check it from the download link to see all countries. How to Root for Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950F is the separated post, this post only for upgrading to Android 8.0.0 Oreo.
Update 02/15, 2018: Following a limited number of cases where Galaxy S8 and S8+ devices have rebooted unexpectedly with the Android 8.0 Oreo, we have temporarily stopped the rollout of the update. We are investigating the issue internally to ensure that the impact to the affected devices is minimized and the rollout of the update can resume as quickly as possible. Source: Samsung Official via Sammobile.
Firmware details below is one of the Android 8.0.0 Oreo firmware, you can download it according to your country at the link above.
Model name Galaxy S8
Country TUR from Turkey
Version Android 8.0.0
Build date N/A
Security Patch Level N/A
Product code TUR
How to install Android 8.0.0 Oreo on Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950F :
- Extract (unzip) the firmware file. Download at https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/galaxy-s8/SM-G950F/
- Download Odin http://odindownload.com/SamsungOdin/
- Extract Odin ZIP file
- Open Odin
- Reboot Phone in Download Mode ( Turn Power off the phone, Press and hold Volume Down key + Bixby key + Power Key for a while, Release all key when Download Mode / Odin Mode appears )
- Connect the phone to PC with USB Cable Data, then Press and release Volume Up key
- Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
- Add the firmware file to AP / PDA
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
- Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes
If you got Boot Loop after update samsung firmware read this How to Fix Boot Loop After Update Samsung Android Firmwares
- Make sure to backup your data, It will erase all the data.
- Make sure the firmware is match with your Samsung Galaxy model number
- Make sure to ticked F.Reset Time and Auto-Reboot only
- if you get error message “SECURE CHECK FAIL: BOOTLOADER” when flashed the ROM, try to use the newest version of the firmware update.
- If your device rooted, flashing firmware will unroot it.
- Do this with your own risk