How to root and install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note FE SM-N935K Android 7 Nougat using ODIN software. Root files Included TWRP Custom recovery, ODIN and SuperSU. Read notes / Warning on the bottom of this post before perform rooting your Samsung Devices. Follow the instruction carefully and read the warning!
Step by step rooting and Installing TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Note FE SM-N935K Android 7 Nougat:
Prepare your device:
- Enable Developer Options: go to Settings -> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Enable OEM unlock ( Settings -> Developer options )
- Download and Extract ODIN http://odindownload.com/download/Odin3_v3.11.1.zip or latest odin version at http://odindownload.com/download/
- Download and Install Samsung Mobile Phone Drivers: http://developer.samsung.com/technical-doc/view.do?v=T000000117
- Download TWRP Recovery at https://dl.twrp.me/gracelte/ for International version
- Download TWRP Recovery at https://dl.twrp.me/graceltekor/ for Korean version
- Download the latest version of SuperSu here: https://download.chainfire.eu/1021/SuperSU/SR3-SuperSU-v2.79-SR3-20170114223742.zip?retrieve_file=1
Install TWRP Recovery and SuperSU ( Rooting )
- Open ODIN software
- In Option make sure to ticked F.Reset Time and Auto-Reboot only.
- In Files Download ticked AP and pointing to the location of TWRP .tar file
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy and open Download Mode or ODIN Mode: To enter Download Mode Press and hold Volume Down key + Home Key, while pressing these keys Press and hold Power key, Release all key when Download / Odin mode appears.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy to PC using USB Cable and Press Volume Up key.
- Odin software will auto detect port of your device, after detected device, klik Start, wait for a moment.
- Enter TWRP Recovery mode: Press and hold Volume Up key + Home key while pressing these keys press and hold Power key, Release all keys when TWRP Recovery appears.
- When the first time booting into TWRP recovery, you’ll get a prompt to allow system modifications. You should swipe right to allow it.
- Select WIPE then select “Format Data”. You will need to type yes in order to proceed. This will clean wipe the entire internal storage on your Note FE (make sure you have backed-up your important files safe to restore later).
- Still in TWRP recovery, you should now connect your Note FE to the PC. (TWRP supports MTP connection so you’ll be able transfer files to the device.) Wait until your Note FE appears on your PC desktop (may take a while first time). You can now transfer the SuperSU zip to your Note FE.
- Install the SuperSU zip file from TWRP main menu and select “Install”.
- Reboot your device, You should now be rooted.
WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!
Once your device rooted, Don’t ever Disable Developer options and Don’t ever Disable OEM unlock. What your risk if you disable these? When your device booting or restarting you can not enter the android system and blocked with message “Custom Binary blocked by FRP lock”.
Related post: How to Fix Custom Binary blocked by FRP Lock
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status !
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.