How to root Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 SM-T810 Android 7.0 Nougat with CF-Auto-Root using ODIN software. Read notes / Warning on the bottom of this post before perform rooting your Samsung Devices. CF-Auto-Root file consist of MD5 file and ODIN software. NO WARRANTY (USE AT YOUR OWN RISK)
Prepare your device:
- Enable Developer Options: go to Settings -> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Enable OEM unlock and USB debugging options ( Settings -> Developer options )
- Download and Extract ODIN http://odindownload.com/download/Odin3_v3.11.1.zip or latest odin version at http://odindownload.com/download/
- Download and Install Samsung Mobile Phone Drivers: http://developer.samsung.com/technical-doc/view.do?v=T000000117
Step by step to root Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 SM-T810 Android 7.0 Nougat:
- Download root file from https://download.chainfire.eu/882/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-gts210wifi-gts210wifixx-smt810.zip
- Extract CF-Auto-Root-gts210wifi-gts210wifixx-smt810.zip
- Run ODIN
- In Option make sure to ticked Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time only
- In Files Download ticked AP and pointing the location of CF-Auto-Root MD5 file then klik Start
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy and open Download Mode or ODIN Mode: To enter Download Mode Press and hold Volume Down key + Home Key then while pressing these keys Press and hold Power key, Release all key when Download / Odin mode appears.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy to PC using USB Cable and Press Volume Up key.
- Odin software will auto detect port of your device, after detected device, klik Start, wait for a moment.
- After flashing finish the device will reboot.
If you get Boot Loop after root your samsung galaxy , read this How to Fix Boot Loop After Update or Root Samsung Android Firmwares. If you failed and your device does not work, you can flash the ROM to make it works again. Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
ODIN will look like this picture below
Read some issues about root https://plus.google.com/+Chainfire/posts
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Make sure you get the correct file. Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, CF-Auto-Root will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, using CF-Auto-Root will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status !
- If your device storage is encrypted, using CF-Auto-Root will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !