How to Install and use Sony Xperia Flash Tool. Before use this flash tool, make sure your Sony Xperia Boot loader is Unlocked. You can read How to Unlock Sony Xperia Boot Loader
- Download the Flash tool for Xperia devices http://developer.sonymobile.com/downloads/tool/flash-tool-for-xperia-devices/
- Unzip the file on the computer
- Run Emma.exe. During the installation, make sure you remember the installation path:
- Default path in Windows 64 bit is: “C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony Mobile\Emma\”
- Default path in Windows 32 bit is: “C:\Program Files\Sony Mobile\Emma\”
- Copy the Customization.ini file. You find it in the Flash_tool_for_Xperia_X.zip.
- Paste the Customization.ini file into the installation folder. The installation folder is the folder named Emma in the installation path examples on point 3.1 and 3.2 above.
- Click Start > All programs > Sony Mobile > Emma (if you used the default installation path from step 3 above) to start the flash tool