How to reset Sony Xperia Z Ultra SG412 to original factory settings using Sony PC Companion. You need this software to hard reset your device when it crashed, forgot unlock pattern and you can not enter or access the menu normally. It will reinstall / flashing your firmware without enter recovery mode and unlock Sony Xperia boot loader.
Before using Sony PC Companion make sure to backup your important data! Performed a hard reset will erase all data and restore it to factory default setting. The data can not be recovered after perform a hard reset.
You can hard reset from Menu settings if you can enter device normally
Hard reset Sony Xperia Z Ultra SG412 via Settings menu
- Open Settings menu from home screen or Apps
- Select Backup & reset option
- Tap to select Factory Data Reset
- tap Reset Phone.
- tap Erase Everything to confirm
Hard reset using Sony PC Companion
- Run Sony PC Companion
- On the Support Zone click Start
- Phone / Tablet Software Update click Start
- On the Pop up click repair my phone / table
- Read and follow the instructions, thick the box
- Choose Sony Xperia Z Ultra SG412 then click Next
- Follow the instructions on the screen to connect your Sony Xperia to PC
- Wait a few minutes until hard resetting completed
Note: The first the phone start after perform a hard reset needs more time that usual