How to root Samsung Galaxy Chat GT-B5330 Android 4.1.2 with CF-Auto-Root using ODIN software. Read notes / Warning on the bottom of this post before perform rooting your Samsung Devices. CF-Auto-Root file consist of MD5 file and ODIN software. The zip file is not included TWRP Custom recovery.
Step by step how to root Samsung Galaxy Chat GT-B5330 Android 4.1.2:
- Download root file from https://download.chainfire.eu/321/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-zanin-zaninxx-gtb5330.zip
- Download Odin v3.09 http://androidhost.org/PVAIv
- Extract CF-Auto-Root-zanin-zaninxx-gtb5330.zip
- Open Odin
- In Option make sure to ticked Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time only
- In Files Download ticked AP and pointing the location of CF-Auto-Root MD5 file then klik Start
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy and open Download Mode or ODIN Mode: To enter Download Mode Press and hold Volume Down key + Home Key then while pressing these keys Press and hold Power key, Release all key when Download / Odin mode appears.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy to PC using USB Cable and Press Volume Up key.
- Odin software will auto detect port of your device, after detected device, klik Start, wait for a moment.
- After flashing finish the device will reboot.
If you get Boot Loop after root your samsung galaxy , read this How to Fix Boot Loop After Update or Root Samsung Android Firmwares
ODIN will look like this picture below
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Make sure you get the correct file. Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, CF-Auto-Root will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, using CF-Auto-Root will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status !
- If your device storage is encrypted, using CF-Auto-Root will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !