Unlock bootloader Xiaomi Mi 4c, Redmi Note 3, Mi Note Pro, Redmi 3, Mi 4S, Mi 5 and Mi devices. Unlock bootloader are only work for Xiaomi devices that launched in 2016. This unlocking is only supports MIUI China developer version 6.1.12 or later version. Make sure you have good reason why you unlock the device, if you have bad reason or unreasonable, your application will be rejected.
Make sure you have Mi Account that you registered with your phone number and not from your email. If you don’t have you can register it from Settings >> Mi Account >> Create a Mi Account for free >> OK.
Next, visit http://en.miui.com/unlock/ you can visit it from your phone or PC is the same. On the website select “Unlock Now” you will see china login. Logging with your Mi Account and click orange button, then you will redirect to Forum and asking for creating forum username. after enter a username you will redirect to forum and skip it.
Entering again to http://en.miui.com/unlock/ then entering your name, phone number and your reason why to unlock your device. As I mention make a good reason and reasonable why your unlock the device, don’t copy from other forum it will rejected your application. Accept the agreement and click Apply Now.
Wait, you will get Verification number via SMS. Enter the verification number and click Next, If success you will a message “Submitted please wait for the review”. Be patient please It needs 10 – 12 days to approved the unlock bootloader application.
When you get a SMS “You’ve been granted the permission to unlock your devices….” it means your unlock bootloader application have approved. What next?…
- Open Settings >> About phone >> tap MIUI Version to enable developer option.
- Open Settings >> Additional settings >> Developer option and bind your approved Mi account under Mi Unlock Status. It works on latest China & Global Stable and Developer ROM.
- Log into the Mi account which has acquired unlocking permission on your device.
- Download Mi Flash Unlock Tool >> http://obigota.d.miui.com/miflashunlock/MiFlashUnlock_1.1.0317.1_en.zip
- Extract and run Mi Flash Unlock Tool via PC/ laptop and pc/laptop must connected to the internet
- Turn off your device, press the Power key and Volume key at the same time to enter bootloader mode
- Log into the unlocking tool on PC with the same Mi account. Connect the device with the PC using USB cable
- Press ‘Unlock’. The unlocking process will complete in about 10 seconds
This procedure may be really complex and maybe you will face some problems. I am sure I will get much comments here. Get the answer for your question and problem from the Xiaomi official forum and website at global forum http://en.miui.com/forum.php and for unlocking bootloader Xiaomi Mi 4c, Redmi Note 3, Mi Note Pro, Redmi 3, Mi 4S, Mi 5 and Mi devices at http://en.miui.com/thread-202290-1-1.html
Tested: unlocking Xiaomi Redmi 3