How to Flash AOSP 10.0 v221 + FLOSS on Samsung Galaxy A50. This AOSP rom by comes with FLOSS ( Free / Libre and Open Source apps for Android ). This AOSP rom released by Phhusson for July 2020 security patch. FLOSS is GApss alternative, it means this android without google, so you if you run google some google apps, it will ask you for google play services. Status Stable ROM system-quack-arm64-ab-floss ( ARM64-AB ). To install this Custom ROM, your phone must be installed TWRP Custom Recovery. Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Your phone must be Installed TWRP Recovery for Android 10. If not, you can read How to Flash TWRP on Samsung Galaxy A50 SM-A505F Android 10 Q.
- Download system-quack-arm64-ab-floss.img.xz and extract it
- Copy extracted img file to SD Card ( Recommended )
How to Install AOSP 10.0 v221 + FLOSS on Samsung Galaxy A50 :
- Enter TWRP Recovery Mode: Turn power off; Press and hold Volume Up key + Power key, when samsung logo appears release power key only, keep pressing volume up until TWRP recovery appears
- Select Wipe – Format data ( type “yes” and confirm )
- Select Wipe – Advanced wipe ( select “Dalvik, Cache, System” ) – Swipe to wipe
- Copy image file to phone, ignore this if you have copied to SD card
- Select Install ( If image file in SD Card: Select Storage – Micro SD card – OK ) – Install Image – select system-quack-arm64-ab-floss.img – select “System Image” and Confirm to flash
- Select Reboot – System ( No Root / reboot system without magisk installed ) and Reboot – Recovery ( Rooted / reboot system with magisk installed )
If you want to uninstall this custom ROM and back to stock ROM, just flash the stock ROM to your device. Flashing stock ROM will also uninstall TWRP Recovery and it will back to stock Android Recovery.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, flash custom rom and Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status!
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.
Watch this video: