How to Install / Flash crDroid v4.4 Android 8.1.0 Oreo Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy J7 2016 (SM-J710F, SM-J710FN, SM-J710M, SM-J710MN, SM-J7108). Base on LineageOS Android 8.1.0 OREO. It works for Galaxy J7 2016. Created 2018-04-03 Last Updated 2018-07-12 . Status: Stable, Current Stable Version: crDroid v4.4. Stable Release Date: 2018-04-03. To install this ROM, your phone need to be installed TWRP Custom Recovery. Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
Your phone must be Installed TWRP Recovery. Ignoring root session, to install Custom ROM you don’t need rooting the device.
- Install TWRP Recovery and Root on Samsung Galaxy J7 2016 SM-J710K
- Install TWRP Recovery and Root on Samsung Galaxy J7 2016 SM-J710MN
- Install TWRP Recovery and Root on Samsung Galaxy J7 2016 SM-J710GN
- Install TWRP Recovery and Root on Samsung Galaxy J7 2016 SM-J710F
- Install TWRP Recovery and Root on Samsung Galaxy J7 2016 SM-J710FN
How to Install crDroid v4.4 Custom ROM and GAPPS:
- Download crDroidAndroid-8.1-20180712-j7xelte-v4.4.zip ROM for Samsung Galaxy J7 2016.
- Download GAPPS ( Google Apps (choose arm and for Android 8.1) ).
- Enter TWRP Recovery Mode: Turn power off; Press and hold Volume Up key + Home key, while pressing these keys press and hold Power key. Release all keys when TWRP Recovery mode appears on the screeen
- Select Wipe -> Advanced Wipe: Ticked Dalvik \ Art Cache, Data, System ( Important to do this, if you don’t wipe with this options, you will get boot loop when finish flash the zip files. If you get boot loop to fix it, you must repeat it again and do this )
- Swipe to Wipe
- From Home menu, select Install and point to crDroid v4.4 ROM file and then swipe to flash.
- From Home menu, select Install and point to GAapps file and then swipe to flash.
- Select Reboot to System, on the TWRP Install apps, tab Do not Install.
- Wait a moment, it need more times than usual.
If you want to uninstall this custom ROM and back to stock ROM, just flash the stock ROM to your device. Flashing stock ROM will also uninstall TWRP Recovery and it will back to stock Android Recovery.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Custom Recovery / Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, flash custom rom, Custom Recovery and Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status!
- If your device storage is encrypted, Custom ROM / Custom Recovery / Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.