How to Install GSI ROM and GApps using OrangeFox Recovery on Samsung Galaxy A51 with Android 11. It’s only for A51 Android 11. You can flash GSI image directly without need rename it to system.img and also “system_resizer” will help you to install GApps if necessary . Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Your phone must be Installed OrangeFox Recovery for Galaxy A51 – Android 11. If not, you can read How to Install OrangeFox R11 Recovery on Samsung Galaxy A51 Android 11 ( Recommended )
- Download GSI image ( extract it to get img file, use 7-zip )
- Download System_Resizer.zip
- Copy GSI image and System_Resizer to SD Card (recommended)
How to Install GSI image on Samsung Galaxy A51:
- Enter OrangeFox Recovery Mode: Turn power off, Connect the phone with a USB cable, Press and hold Volume Down + Power Key, when the screen blank quickly press and hold Volume Up + Power key, when Samsung Logo appears release Power key only, keep pressing Volume Up key until TWRP Recovery Mode Appears.
- Select Wipe – Advanced wipe ( select “Dalvik, Cache, Data” ) – Swipe to wipe
- Select Files – your GSI.img – select “System Image” and Swipe to install image
- Select Wipe – Format data – type “yes” and confirm ( wiping data instead of formatting would be enough )
- Select Reboot – System
Install GApps if necessary
- Enter OrangeFox Recovery Mode: Turn power off, Connect the phone with a USB cable, Press and hold Volume Down + Power Key, when the screen blank quickly press and hold Volume Up + Power key, when Samsung Logo appears release Power key only, keep pressing Volume Up key until TWRP Recovery Mode Appears. ( or you can direct reboot to Recovery )
- Select Files – System_Resizer.zip Swipe to install
- Select Files – open_gapps-arm64-11.0-nano-20210110-TEST.zip Swipe to install
- Select Reboot – System
Watch this video!
If you want to uninstall this custom ROM and back to stock ROM, just flash the stock ROM to your device. Flashing stock ROM will also uninstall TWRP Recovery and it will back to stock Android Recovery.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, flash custom rom and Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status!
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.