How to Flash LineageOS 16.0 Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note 5 for Android 9 Pie. LineageOS Custom ROM is a full Samsung OneUI port with Android 9 Pie. LineageOS Rom For Galaxy Note 5 is only for SM-N920C/CD, SM-N920G, SM-N920I, SM-N920S, SM-N920K, SM-N920L, SM-N9208, SM-N920T, SM-N920W8. It also works for Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ variants SM-G928F/FD, SM-G928C, SM-G928G, SM-G928I, SM-G928S, SM-G928K, SM-G928L, SM-G9287C, SM-G928T, SM-G928W8. To install this custom ROM, your phone need to be installed TWRP Custom Recovery. Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device. Require Tools:
- Your phone must be Installed TWRP Recovery. If not, you can read “How to Flash TWRP on Samsung Galaxy Note 5”.
- Download LineageOS Custom ROM for Galaxy Note 5
How to Install LineageOS 16.0 Custom ROM for Android 9.0 Pie on Galaxy Note 5 :
- Enter TWRP Recovery Mode: Turn power off; Press and hold Volume Up key + Home key, while pressing these keys press and hold Power key. Release all keys when TWRP Recovery mode appears on the screeen
- Wipe everything (SYSTEM,DATA,CACHE,DALVIK and preferably Internal storage all together) ( Important to do this, if you don’t wipe with this options, you will get boot loop when finish flash the zip files. If you get boot loop to fix it, you must repeat it again and do this ).
- Reboot to Recovery
- Copy lineage-16.0-20191128-UNOFFICIAL-noblelte.zip to your phone
- Installing ROM: from Home menu, select Install and point to lineage-16.0-20191128-UNOFFICIAL-noblelte.zip file and then swipe to flash.
- Reboot to System
- Setup your phone: Follow the instructions on the screen
If you want to uninstall this custom ROM and back to stock ROM, just flash the stock ROM to your device. Flashing stock ROM will also uninstall TWRP Recovery and it will back to stock Android Recovery.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, flash custom rom and Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status!
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.
Watch this video:
Source: xda-developers forum