LeOS for Galaxy A50 A505x Android 12.1 GSI Update:220503 – No GAPPS Will Work. LeOS is created to get the most privacy for the users, removed a lot of google code form sources. If you need any google apps use them in browser. Gapps won’t work on LeOS. MicroG is a FOSS replacement for google play services. But not ll apps will accept this replacement. Read full changelog. Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
Download LeOS for Galaxy A50
- Your phone must be Installed TWRP Recovery for Android 10. If not, you can read How to install TWRP 3.6.1 Android 11 for Samsung Galaxy A50 SM-A505x ( Recommended )
- Download LeOS-S-VNDKLITE-arm64-bvS.img.xz ( extract it to get img file, use 7-zip )
- Copy ROM OS img and GApps to SD Card (recommended)
How to Install LeOS on Galaxy A50:
- Enter TWRP Recovery Mode: Turn power off; Press and hold Volume Up key + Power key, when samsung logo appears release power key only, keep pressing volume up until TWRP recovery appears
- Select Wipe – Format data ( type “yes” and confirm )
- Select Wipe – Advanced wipe ( select “Dalvik, Cache, System” ) – Swipe to wipe
- Copy image file to phone, ignore this if you have copied to SD card
- Select Install – Install Image – select LeOS-S-VNDKLITE-arm64-bvS.img – select “System Image” and Swipe to confirm flash
- Select Reboot – System
Note: If you can not boot or stuck on logo, you must start from stock rom.
Watch this Video!
If you want to uninstall this custom ROM and back to stock ROM, just flash the stock ROM to your device. Flashing stock ROM will also uninstall TWRP Recovery and it will back to stock Android Recovery.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, flash custom rom and Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status!
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.