How to Flash Lineage OS 17.1 ROM Android 10 Q on Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro MIUI 11 Android 10 Q – LR TWRP. Lineage OS 17.1 ROM comes with 2 roms image ( rom image non GApss and GApss ) Android 10 Q. This rom comes with basic features and limited function, some features may be not work. Version Information Status: Stable GSI ROM lineage-17.1-20200413-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_bvN. To install this Custom ROM, your phone must be installed TWRP Custom Recovery. Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device. Read warning / notes in the bottom of this post.
- Your phone must be Installed TWRP Recovery for Android 10. If not, you can read How to Root Redmi Note 8 Pro Global – MIUI 11 Android 10 Q
- Download lineage-17.1-20200413-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_bvN.img.xz and extract it
- Download Open GAPPS open_gapps-arm64-10.0-nano-20200408.zip ( If you need )
- Copy Lineage OS img and GApps to SD Card
- Enter TWRP Recovery Mode: Turn power off; Press and hold Volume Up key + Power key, when Redmi logo appears release power key only, keep pressing volume up until TWRP recovery appears
- Select Wipe – Format Data – type “yes” and confirm
- Select Reboot – Recovery
- Select Wipe – Advanced ( Dalvik cache, Cache, System ) Swipe to wipe
- Select Install ( If image file in SD Card: Select Storage – Micro SD card – OK ) – Install Image – select Lineage OS img – thick “System Image” and Confirm to flash
- Select Advanced – Close AVB2.0 ( check both ) swipe to confirm
- Select Reboot – System ( follow the next step if you want to install GApps )
- Install GApps
- Select Wipe – Advanced Wipe – select “System” – Repair or Change File System – Resize File System – Confirm to Resize
- Select Mount – select “System” & “Vendor”
- Select Install ( If GApps file in SD Card: Select Storage – Micro SD card – OK )
- select open_gapps-arm64-10.0-nano-20200408.zip and Confirm Flash
- Reboot – System
If you want to uninstall this custom ROM and back to stock ROM, just flash the stock ROM to your device. Flashing stock ROM will also uninstall TWRP Recovery and it will back to stock Android Recovery.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- Flash custom rom and Rooting will VOID WARRANTY VOID!
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.
Watch this video: