How to Flash LineageOS 15.1 Unofficial Android 8.1.0 Oreo Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy A3 SM-A300F. Base on LineageOS 15.1 Android 8.1.0 OREO. It works for Galaxy A3 SM-A300F, SM-A300M, SM-A300G and SM-A300Y. Beta Release Date: 2018-05-21 and Last Updated 2018-05-21. To install this ROM, your phone need to be installed TWRP Custom Recovery. Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Your phone must be Installed TWRP Recovery. If not, you can read “How to Flash TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy A3 SM-A300F” ignore the rooting session on point 8.
- Download LineageOS 15.1 Unofficial ROM for Galaxy A3 SM-A300F, SM-A300M, SM-A300G and SM-A300Y
- Download GAPPS ( Google Apps (choose arm and for Android 8.1) ).
How to Install LineageOS 15.1 Unofficial Custom ROM and GAPPS:
- Enter TWRP Recovery Mode: Turn power off; Press and hold Volume Up key + Home key, while pressing these keys press and hold Power key. Release all keys when TWRP Recovery mode appears on the screeen
- Select Wipe -> Advanced Wipe: Ticked Dalvik \ Art Cache, Data, System ( Important to do this, if you don’t wipe with this options, you will get boot loop when finish flash the zip files. If you get boot loop to fix it, you must repeat it again and do this )
- Swipe to Wipe
- From Home menu, select Install and point to LineageOS 15.1 Unofficial ROM file and then swipe to flash.
- From Home menu, select Install and point to GAapps file and then swipe to flash.
- Select Reboot to System, on the TWRP Install apps, tab Do not Install.
- Wait a moment, it need more times than usual.
* FM works only on headphones
* Unable to capture video in 1080p (only 720р works)
* Incorrectly work with secondary sim (incall sound issues)
* On FU and H doesn’t adjusting flahlight brightness
* On H incorrectly detecting battery temperature
* Hardware keystore doesn’t work (only software)
* NFC sometimes doesn’t work
If you want to uninstall this custom ROM and back to stock ROM, just flash the stock ROM to your device. Flashing stock ROM will also uninstall TWRP Recovery and it will back to stock Android Recovery.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, flash custom rom and Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status!
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.