How to Flash LineageOS 17.1 20200607 Android 10 Q on Samsung Galaxy A50. LineageOS 17.1 comes with ROM OS Android 10 Q, last update 2020-06-07. ROM Firmware Required: TWRP Recovery. Version Information: Status Stable GSI ROM lineage-17.1-20200607-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_bvN ( ARM64-AB ). To install this Custom ROM, your phone must be installed TWRP Custom Recovery. Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Your phone must be Installed TWRP Recovery for Android 10. If not, you can read How to Flash TWRP on Samsung Galaxy A50 SM-A505F Android 10 Q.
- Download lineage-17.1-20200607-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_bvN.img.xz and extract it
- Download Open GAPPS open_gapps-arm64-10.0-nano-20200408.zip
- Copy ROM and GApps to SD Card ( Recommended )
How to Install LineageOS 17.1 Android 10 Q on Samsung Galaxy A50 :
- Enter TWRP Recovery Mode: Turn power off; Press and hold Volume Up key + Power key, when samsung logo appears release power key only, keep pressing volume up until TWRP recovery appears
- Select Wipe – Format data ( type “yes” and confirm )
- Select Wipe – Advanced wipe ( select “Dalvik, Cache, System” ) – Swipe to wipe
- Copy image file to phone, ignore this if you have copied to SD card
- Select Install ( If image file in SD Card: Select Storage – Micro SD card – OK ) – Install Image – select lineage-17.1-20200607-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_bvN.img – select “System Image” and Confirm to flash
- Select Reboot – System
- Install GApps: Enter TWRP Recovery ( Ignore this if your rom included GApps )
- Select Wipe – Advanced Wipe – select “System” – Repair or Change File System – Resize File System – Confirm to Resize
- Select Mount – select “System” & “Vendor”
- Select Install – select open_gapps-arm64-10.0-nano-20200408.zip and Confirm Flash
- Reboot – System
If you want to uninstall this custom ROM and back to stock ROM, just flash the stock ROM to your device. Flashing stock ROM will also uninstall TWRP Recovery and it will back to stock Android Recovery.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, flash custom rom and Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status!
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.
Watch this video: