PixelExperience Plus 12.1 for Samsung Galaxy A50 A505F/A505FN Android 12.1 Update: 220502. Build author/Device Maintainer: Santhoosh@XDA. Changelog: Fix Biometrics Fingerprint, Fix FOD on AOD, Added Quick Tap Feature, Synced with April Security Patch. PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation). Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
Download PixelExperience Plus for Galaxy A50
- Your phone must be Installed TWRP Recovery for Android 10. If not, you can read How to install TWRP 3.6.1 Android 11 for Samsung Galaxy A50 SM-A505x ( Recommended )
- Download PixelExperience_Plus_a505fn-12.1-20220502-UNOFFICIAL-Unencrypted-Root.zip
- Copy ROM to SD Card (recommended)
How to Install PixelExperience Plus on Samsung Galaxy A50:
- Enter TWRP Recovery Mode: Turn power off; Press and hold Volume Up key + Power key, when yellow tri-angel appears release power key only, keep pressing volume up until TWRP Recovery Mode appears
- Select Wipe – Advanced wipe ( select “Sytem, Vendor, Product” ) – Swipe to wipe
- Copy image file to phone, ignore this if you have copied to SD card
- Select Wipe – Format data ( type “yes” and confirm )
- Select Install – select PixelExperience_Plus_a505fn-12.1-20220502-UNOFFICIAL-Unencrypted-Root.zip, Swipe to confirm Flash
- Select Reboot – System
Rooting if necessary
- Connect Phone to Internet
- Install Magisk app and Open it. Magisk will ask to do additional setups. Let it do its job and the app will automatically reboot your device.
Install GApps if necessary
- Enter TWRP Recovery
- Select Wipe – Advanced Wipe ( select “System” ) – Repair or Change File System – Resize File System – Swipe to Resize
- Select Mount – ( select “System, Vendor” ), Back to home
- Select Install – select BiTGApps-arm64-12.0.0-R45_signed.zip, Swipe to confirm Flash
- Select Reboot – System
Watch this Video!
If you want to uninstall this custom ROM and back to stock ROM, just flash the stock ROM to your device. Flashing stock ROM will also uninstall TWRP Recovery and it will back to stock Android Recovery.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, flash custom rom and Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status!
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.
Tags: A505F, A505FN, Android 12.1, Android 12.1 for A50, custom rom, PixelExperience Plus, Samsung Galaxy A50