How to Flash TWRP 3.5.2 and Root Redmi Note 9 Pro (Joyeuse) Android 10 MIUI 11 Permanently. It worked on MIUI 11 Android 10. TWRP will help us to install custom rom, custom kernel or Mod System. TWRP is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel. Use it at your own risk! Follow the instruction carefully and Make sure to backup all your important data!
Root Redmi Note 9 Pro: Download
- The bootloader must be unlocked, If not watch this video https://youtu.be/H_gNrIWftIU
- Download TWRP: twrp352joyeuse.img copy to adb folder to make it easy and I renamed it to twrp352.img
- Download Magisk: Magisk-v23.0.apk or latest, rename it to Magisk-v23.0.zip, you can copy it to external or internal storage. You need install magisk to make TWRP installed permanently on your phone.
Changelog TWRP 3.5.2
- Fixed CPU temperature sensor.
- Added support for encrypted firmware with OSS Vendor.
- Fixed error during firmware installation “assert failed: update_dynamic_partitions”, “Updater process ended with ERROR: 1”.
- Added support for MIUI firmware encryption on Android 11. (i.e. no need to apply AVB patch)
- And other small tweaks and fixes.
- Added Wrapkey flag ; -don’t flash DFE File for New OSS Based ROMs
Root Redmi Note 9 Pro: Install TWRP instructions
- Make sure the bootloader unlocked
- Enable USB Debugging in Developer Options
- Enter Fastboot Mode: Turn power off, Press and hold Volume Down + Power key until Fastboot mode appears
- Open CMD command, run as Administrator
- enter adb folder ( cd adb folder )
- Connect phone to computer
- type “fastboot flash recovery twrp352joyeuse.img”
- Press and Hold Volume Up + Power key, When Redmi logo appears release all keys
- Install Magisk-v23.0.zip or latest ( to make TWRP permanent )
- Select Reboot – System
Root Instructions if necessary
- Connect Phone to Internet
- Install Magisk app and Open it. Magisk will ask to do additional setups. Let it do its job and the app will automatically reboot your device.
Watch this video!
Enter TWRP Recovery
You can enter TWRP recovery with 2 methods: via adb command by type “adb reboot recovery” and by pressing keys combinations ( Turn power off, press and hold volume up + Power key, when POCO logo appears release power key, keep pressing volume until TWRP recovery appears )
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.