How to Flash ROM Android 7.0 on Samsung Galaxy Note 5 using ODIN tools. For flashing ROM / firmware you need to enter Download Mode, If something wrong or you can not do it normally, it may be caused corrupted file system or hangs. You can enter download mode by pressing combination of keys, just Press and hold Volume down + Home key + power key then release all key when Download mode appears.
Flashing Android 7.0 ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note 5:
- Extract (unzip) the firmware file.
- Reboot Phone in Download Mode ( Turn Power off the phone, Press and hold Volume Down key + Home key then press and hold Power key, Release all key when Download Mode / Odin Mode appears then Press and release Volume Up key )
- Download Odin http://odindownload.com/SamsungOdin/
- Extract Odin ZIP file
- Open Odin
- In Option make sure to ticked F.Reset Time and Auto-Reboot only
- Add the firmware files AP, BL, CP and CSC.
- Connect the phone to PC with USB Cable Data
- Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
- Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes
If you get error message “SECURE CHECK FAIL: BOOTLOADER” when flashed the ROM, try to use the newest version of the firmware update.
- Make sure to backup your data, It will erase all the data.
- Make sure the firmware is match with your Samsung Galaxy model number
- Make sure to ticked F.Reset Time and Auto-Reboot only
- if you get error message “SECURE CHECK FAIL: BOOTLOADER” when flashed the ROM, try to use the newest version of the firmware update.
- If your device rooted, flashing firmware will unroot it.
- Do this with your own risk