Upgrade or Install Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 SM-T531 to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. The firmware available for downloading http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-T531/. You can download your Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 SM-T531 firmware at the page, available for some countries. How to Root for Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 SM-T531 is the separated post, this post only for upgrading to Android Lollipop.
Firmware details below is one of the Android Lollipop firmwares, you can download it according to your country at the link above.
Model name SM-T531
Version Android 5.0.2
Build date Tue, 29 Mar 2016 08:06:38 +0000
Security Patch Level 2016-04-02
Product code TUN
How to install Android Lollipop on Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 SM-T531 :
- Extract (unzip) the firmware file. Download at http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-T531/
- Download Odin v3.09
- Extract Odin ZIP file
- Open Odin v.3.09
- Reboot Phone in Download Mode ( Turn Power off the phone, Press and hold Volume Down key and Home key, While pressing these keys press and hold Power key, Release all key when Download Mode / Odin Mode appears )
- Connect the phone to PC with USB Cable Data, then Press and release Volume Up key
- Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
- Add the firmware file to AP / PDA
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
- Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes
If you got Boot Loop after update samsung firmware read this How to Fix Boot Loop After Update Samsung Android Firmwares
If you upgrade the firmware using the firmware that is not from your region, and you get an error message. That means the firmware is not suitable for your Samsung.
If the firmware can not be upgraded to your device It means, they do not support your device. All the impact is its own responsibility
Sample screenshot ODIN