How to Root Android 11 GSI without Magisk. Latest magisk version v21.0 does not work for rooting Android 11 GSI. The Magisk may be will work for ROM ( official / custom ). I have tested root some GSIs using magisk v21.0 but failed. If we want still to root it, we can use phh root method. Let’s do it!
- Download phh’s-superuser-ab.zip
- Download phh_s_SuperUser_v184.108.40.206.apk
- Root checker to check rooted or not, download from playstore or googling root checker apk
Rooting Android 11 GSI Instructions:
- Enter TWRP Recovery Mode: Turn power off; Press and hold Volume Up key + Power key, when samsung logo appears release power key only, keep pressing volume up until TWRP recovery appears
- Select Install ( If file in SD Card: Select Storage – Micro SD card – OK ) – select phh’s-superuser-ab.zip Swipe to confirm Flash
- Select Reboot – System
- Install phh_s_SuperUser_v220.127.116.11.apk
- You can use Root Checker app to check the phone rooted or not
Some GSIs have included phh rooted. If you see superuser# app on your phone it means phh root included. I found it on AOSP Android 11 by phhusson.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, flash custom rom and Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status!
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.
Watch this video: