How to Root Android 11 GSI without Magisk. Latest magisk version v21.0 does not work for rooting Android 11 GSI. The Magisk may be will work for ROM ( official / custom ). I have tested root some GSIs using magisk v21.0 but failed. If we want still to root it, we can use phh root method. Let’s do it! Read Magisk Root Android 11 GSI LineageOS 18.1
- Download phh’s-superuser-ab.zip
- Download phh_s_SuperUser_v126.96.36.199.apk
- Root checker to check rooted or not, download from playstore or googling root checker apk
Rooting Android 11 GSI Instructions:
- Enter TWRP Recovery Mode: Turn power off; Press and hold Volume Up key + Power key, when samsung logo appears release power key only, keep pressing volume up until TWRP recovery appears
- Select Install ( If file in SD Card: Select Storage – Micro SD card – OK ) – select phh’s-superuser-ab.zip Swipe to confirm Flash
- Select Reboot – System
- Install phh_s_SuperUser_v188.8.131.52.apk
- You can use Root Checker app to check the phone rooted or not
Some GSIs have included phh rooted. If you see superuser# app on your phone it means phh root included. I found it on AOSP Android 11 by phhusson.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, flash custom rom and Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status!
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.