Root + TWRP for Samsung Galaxy A50s Android 10 Q. Rooting method use TWRP + Kernel Mod (by halcyon441) + Magisk Patched. After a long wait, we can finally rooting without bootloop issue. After flash TWRP Recovery you can Install custom ROM. It may be work for A50s variants SM-A507FN and SM-A507F. Read notes / Warning on the bottom of this post before flashing TWRP on your Samsung Galaxy A50s. Take it at your own risk! Follow the instruction carefully and Make sure to backup all your important data!
Step by step Rooting Samsung Galaxy A50s Android 10 Q
- Enable Developer Options: go to Settings -> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Enable OEM unlock and USB debugging options ( Settings -> Developer options )
- Make sure the bootloader are unlocked, If not read How to unlock Bootloader A50s
- Download and Extract ODIN v3.13.1 from https://odindownload.com/SamsungOdin/
- Download and Install Samsung Mobile Phone Drivers: http://developer.samsung.com/technical-doc/view.do?v=T000000117
- Download twrp_A50s_OS10_Magisk.tar
- Download QuantumKernelreEditv.1.11ONEUI.zip
- Download Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_03.04.2020.zip
- Copy these 3 files to micro SD Card ( twrp, Quantumkernel and disable dm_verity )
Flashing TWRP and Root Galaxy A50s Android 10:
- Make sure the bootloader are unlocked, OEM unlocking option is grey out
- Enter Download Mode : Turn Power Off. Press and hold Volume Up key + Power Key, When Samsung Logo appears release Power Key only, keep pressing Volume Up key until Android Recovery Mode Appears. Select Reboot to bootloader.
- Open ODIN, IMPORTANT!: Uncheck “Auto Reboot” in Options!
- Flashing twrp_A50s_OS10_Magisk.tar as AP in ODIN,
- Connect phone to computer then click start.
- Magisk is now successfully flashed to your device! Several steps before you can properly use the device.
- DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP! Press and hold Volume Down + Power Key, when the screen blank quickly press and hold Volume Up + Power key, when Samsung Logo appears release Power key only, keep pressing Volume Up key until TWRP Recovery Mode Appears.
- Install QuantumKernelreEditv.1.11ONEUI.zip
- Select Wipe -> Format data.
- Install Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_01.14.2020.zip
- Select Reboot to Recovery
- Setup the Phone
- Connect to Internet and make sure OEM unlocking option appears and grey out
- Install Magisk Manager
- Do Additional Setup, It will rebooting
If something goes wrong and you want to unroot it, just flash the ROM to make it works again. Read How to flash Galaxy A50s.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status !
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.
Watch this video: