How to root Samsung Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915T Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with CF-Auto-Root using ODIN software. This root file is base on build number MMB29M.N915TUBS2DQD1 and MMB29M.N915TUVS2DQG1. Read notes / Warning on the bottom of this post before perform rooting your Samsung Devices. CF-Auto-Root file consist of MD5 file and ODIN software. The zip file is not included TWRP Custom recovery.
Step by step to root Samsung Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915T Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow:
Prepare your device:
- Enable Developer Options: go to Settings -> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Enable OEM unlock and USB debugging options ( Settings -> Developer options )
- Download and Extract ODIN http://odindownload.com/download/Odin3_v3.11.1.zip or latest odin version at http://odindownload.com/download/
- Download and Install Samsung Mobile Phone Drivers: http://developer.samsung.com/technical-doc/view.do?v=T000000117
Flashing and Rooting Steps
- Download root file from MMB29M.N915TUVS2DQG1 ( https://download.chainfire.eu/619/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-tbltetmo-tbltetmo-smn915t.zip ), MMB29M.N915TUBS2DQD1 ( https://download.chainfire.eu/894/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-tbltetmo-tblteub-smn915t.zip )
- Extract the zip file
- Open Odin
- In Option make sure to ticked Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time only
- In Files Download ticked AP and pointing the location of CF-Auto-Root MD5 file then klik Start
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy and open Download Mode or ODIN Mode: To enter Download Mode Press and hold Volume Down key + Home Key then while pressing these keys Press and hold Power key, Release all key when Download / Odin mode appears.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy to PC using USB Cable and Press Volume Up key.
- Odin software will auto detect port of your device, after detected device, klik Start, wait for a moment.
- After flashing finish the device will reboot.
If you get Boot Loop after root your samsung galaxy , read this How to Fix Boot Loop After Update or Root Samsung Android Firmwares
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Make sure you get the correct file. Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, CF-Auto-Root will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, using CF-Auto-Root will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status !
- If your device storage is encrypted, using CF-Auto-Root will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !