How to root Samsung Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920K with TWRP dan Magisk v20 for Android 7.0 Nougat. This Root method use TWRP Recovery ( twrp-3.3.1-0-nobleltezt.img ) and Magisk v20. TWRP Recovery is work for Galaxy Note 5 variants: SM-N920C, SM-N920CD, SM-N920G, SM-N920I, SM-N920W8, SM-N920T, SM-N920P, SM-N920R4, SM-N9200, SM-N9208, SM-N920K, SM-N920L, SM-N920S. Take it your own risk! Follow the instruction carefully and read the warning! Make sure to backup all your important data!
Required files for rooting :
- Enable Developer Options: go to Settings -> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Enable OEM unlock and USB debugging options ( Settings -> Developer options )
- Download and Extract ODIN v3.13.1 from https://odindownload.com/SamsungOdin/
- Download and Install Samsung Mobile Phone Drivers: http://developer.samsung.com/technical-doc/view.do?v=T000000117
- Download TWRP Recovery for your Galaxy Note 5 Model number at TWRP Official website make sure you download it that match with your model number, there are some version of twrp.
- Download Magisk v20
Step by step rooting Galaxy Note 5 SM-N920K :
- Enter Download Mode: Turn power off the phone, Press and hold Volume Down key + Home Key, while pressing these keys Press and hold Power key, Release all key when Download / Odin mode appears.
- Open ODIN software
- In Option make sure to ticked F.Reset Time only and disable Auto-Reboot.
- In Files Download ticked AP and pointing to the location of TWRP .tar file
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy Note 5 to PC using USB Cable and Press Volume Up key.
- Odin software will auto detect port of your device, after detected device, klik Start, wait for a moment.
- Enter TWRP Recovery mode: Press and hold Volume Down + Home key while pressing these keys press and hold Power key to get out of Download mode and immediately press Volume Up key when the screen blanks while keep pressing Home key and Power key. Release all keys when TWRP Recovery appears.
- Select Wipe and Format data
- Reboot to Recovery
- Copy Magisk to your phone
- Install Magisk
- Reboot to System
- Setup your your phone and you should see Magisk Manager installed on your phone
Watch this video:
If something goes wrong or you want to unroot it, just flash the ROM to make it works again.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status !
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device -- with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.