How to Root ( TWRP + Magisk ) and Flash LineageOS 17.1 on Samsung Galaxy A50s. LineageOS 17.1 comes with ROM OS Android 10 Q. Rooting this ROM required: TWRP that patched with Magisk v20.4. Unfortunately, this twrp_patched_magisk does not work for rooting stock rom, you will faced bootloop if you try it for rooting stock rom. Version Information Status: Stable GSI ROM lineage-17.1-20200413-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_bvN. Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Enable Developer Options: go to Settings -> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Enable OEM unlock and USB debugging options ( Settings -> Developer options )
- Make sure the bootloader are unlocked, If not read How to unlock Bootloader A50s
- Download and Extract ODIN v3.13.1 from https://odindownload.com/SamsungOdin/
- Download and Install Samsung Mobile Phone Drivers: http://developer.samsung.com/technical-doc/view.do?v=T000000117
- Download twrp_A50sOS10MagiskPatched4GSIRom.tar
- Download Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_01.14.2020.zip or latest
- Download Latest Magisk Manager ( MagiskManager-v7.5.1.apk )
- Download Latest LineageOS ARM64-AB file codename: treble_arm64_bvN and extract it
- Download open_gapps-arm64-10.0-nano-20200408 or latest, you can ignore this if you don’t want to install it
How to Root and Install LineageOS 17.1 ROM on Samsung Galaxy A50s :
- Make sure the bootloader are unlocked, OEM unlocking option is grey out
- Enter Download Mode : Turn Power Off. Press and hold Volume Up key + Power Key, When Samsung Logo appears release Power Key only, keep pressing Volume Up key until Android Recovery Mode Appears. Wipe data / factory reset. Select Reboot to bootloader.
- Open ODIN, IMPORTANT!: Uncheck “Auto Reboot” in Options!
- Flashing twrp_A50sOS10MagiskPatched4GSIRom.tar as AP in ODIN,
- Connect phone to computer then click start.
- Magisk is now successfully flashed to your device! Several steps before you can properly use the device.
- DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP! Press and hold Volume Down + Power Key, when the screen blank quickly press and hold Volume Up + Power key, when Samsung Logo appears release Power key only, keep pressing Volume Up key until TWRP Recovery Mode Appears.
- Select Wipe -> Format data.
- Copy Disable DM-verity, LineageOS image and Magisk Manager apk to phone
- Install Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_01.14.2020.zip
- Install – Install Image – select lineage-17.1-20200413-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_bvN.img – select System Image and Confirm to flash.
- Select Reboot to Recovery ( Boot system with magisk )
- Setup the Phone
- Connect the phone to internet
- Install and open Magisk Manager, it will reboot the phone
- Done, now the LineageOS has been rooted
Install GAPPS ( optional )
- Enter TWRP Recovery Mode: Turn power off; Press and hold Volume Up key + Power key, when samsung logo appears release power key only, keep pressing volume up until TWRP recovery appears
- Copy open-gapps zip file from pc to phone
- Select Wipe – Advanced Wipe – select “System” – Repair or Change File System – Resize File System – Confirm to Resize
- Select Mount – select “System” & “Vendor”
- Select Install – select open_gapps-arm64-10.0-nano-20200408.zip and Confirm Flash
- Select Reboot – System or Recovery
If you want to uninstall this custom ROM and back to stock ROM, just flash the stock ROM to your device. Flashing stock ROM will also uninstall TWRP Recovery and it will back to stock Android Recovery.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, flash custom rom and Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status!
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.