How to root Samsung Galaxy A6 SM-A600FN with Magisk v20.0 Android 9 Pie using ODIN software. This Root method use Latest Magisk Manager and patched AP tar file. Read notes / Warning on the bottom of this post before perform root your Samsung Galaxy A6. It may be works for Galaxy A6 2018 variants SM-A600F, SM-A600FN, SM-A600G, SM-A600GN. Take it your own risk! Follow the instruction carefully and Make sure to backup all your important data!
Step by step Rooting Samsung Galaxy A6 SM-A600FN with Magisk v20.0 Android 9 Pie
- Enable Developer Options: go to Settings -> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Enable OEM unlock option and USB debugging options ( Settings -> Developer options )
- Unlock Bootloader
- Download and Extract ODIN v3.13.1 from https://odindownload.com/SamsungOdin/
- Download and Install Samsung Mobile Phone Drivers: http://developer.samsung.com/technical-doc/view.do?v=T000000117
- Download Latest Magisk Manager ( MagiskManager-v7.3.4.apk )
Patched AP .tar with Magisk Manager and Rooting Galaxy A6 SM-A600FN with Magisk v20.0 :
- Download the firmware Galaxy A6 SM-A600FN.
- Unzip the firmware and copy the AP tar file to your device. It is normally named as AP_[device_model_sw_ver].tar.md5. Copy AP tar file and MagiskManager-v7.3.4.apk to your phone.
- Install Magisk Manager ( MagiskManager-v7.3.4.apk ) on your phone and you can update it if you want.
- In Magisk Manager: Install → Install → Select and Patch a File
- Select the AP tar file. Magisk Manager will patch the whole firmware file and store the output to [Internal Storage]/Download/magisk_patched.tar. Copy magisk_patched.tar the tar file to your PC
- Reboot to Bootloader: Turn Power Off. Press and hold Volume Up key + Power Key, When Samsung Logo appears release Power Key only, keep pressing Volume Up key until Android Recovery Mode Appears. Select Wipe data / Factory reset. Select Reboot to bootloader. Connect the phone to PC using USB Cable.
- Make sure the boot loader are unlocked ( OEM options is enabled )
- Flash magisk_patched.tar as AP in ODIN, together with the BL, CP and HOME_CSC files.
Important: check “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset time” only in Options!
- Magisk is now successfully flashed to your device!
- After the device is booted up, do the usual initial setup. It need more time and patient.
- Connect the phone to Internet, Copy Magisk Manager apk file to your phone and install it.
- Open Magisk Manager. It will ask to do additional setups. Let it do its job and the app will automatically reboot your device.
- Done! You can use Root Checker to check it, Enjoy!
If something goes wrong and you want to unroot it, just flash the ROM to make it works again. Read How to flash Galaxy A6.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status !
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.