How to root and install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Trend 2 Lite SM-G318H using ODIN software. Root files Included TWRP Custom recovery, ODIN and SuperSU. Read notes / Warning on the bottom of this post before perform rooting your Samsung Devices. Follow the instruction carefully and read the warning!
Step by step rooting and Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Trend 2 Lite SM-G318H:
Prepare your device:
- Enable Developer Options: go to Settings -> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Download and Extract ODIN http://odindownload.com/download/Odin3_v3.11.1.zip or latest odin version at http://odindownload.com/download/
- Download and Install Samsung Mobile Phone Drivers: http://developer.samsung.com/technical-doc/view.do?v=T000000117
- Download “twrp.tar” https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-lRrn2nKLf4TW9iWHNaOXI5bjA/view?pref=2&pli=1
- Download SuperSU at https://download.chainfire.eu/743/SuperSU/BETA-SuperSU-v2.XX.zip and copy to root of SD Card
Install TWRP Recovery and SuperSU ( Rooting )
- Open ODIN software
- In Option make sure to ticked F.Reset Time and Auto-Reboot.
- In Files Download ticked AP and pointing to the location of TWRP .tar file
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy and open Download Mode or ODIN Mode: To enter Download Mode Press and hold Volume Down key + Home Key, while pressing these keys Press and hold Power key, Release all key when Download / Odin mode appears.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy to PC using USB Cable and Press Volume Up key.
- Odin software will auto detect port of your device, after detected device, klik Start, wait for a moment.
- If the flashing succeeds, ODIN will show ‘PASS’. That means the recovery flashed successfully.
- Your smartphone automatically restart.
- Enter TWRP Recovery to root the phone: Press and hold Volume Up key + Home Key, while pressing these keys Press and hold Power key, Release all key when TWRP Recovery appears.
- Swipe to Allow Modifications. Select ‘install zip’. Click on Storage to change from Internal Storage to Micro SDcard. Select SuperSU which you downloaded. Swipe to Confirm Flash. Flashing process will start. Once Completed. Wipe Cache/dalvik.
- Wait a moment After it finishes, go back and then choose reboot device.
ODIN will look like this picture below:
MD5 File checking
ODIN Flashed the status: PASS!
If you failed flashing the root file you will see the screen like this:
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status !
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.