How to flash / install TWRP Custom Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Devices. Once you installed TWRP recovery on your Samsung Galaxy devices, you can customize it, Rooting or installing custom ROM and also customize your android system.
Step by step Installing TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Devices :
Prepare your device:
- Enable Developer Options: go to Settings -> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Enable OEM unlock and USB debugging options ( Settings -> Developer options )
- Download and Extract ODIN https://odindownload.com/SamsungOdin/
- Download and Install Samsung Mobile Phone Drivers: http://developer.samsung.com/technical-doc/view.do?v=T000000117
- Download TWRP Recovery that match with your Samsung Galaxy model number.
Install TWRP Recovery
- Open ODIN software
- In Option make sure to ticked F.Reset Time only and disable Auto-Reboot.
- In Files Download ticked AP and pointing to the location of TWRP .tar file
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy and open Download Mode or ODIN Mode: To enter Download Mode Press and hold Volume Down key + ( Bixby key ) Home Key, while pressing these keys Press and hold Power key, Release all key when Download / Odin mode appears.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy to PC using USB Cable and Press Volume Up key.
- Odin software will auto detect port of your device, after detected device, klik Start, wait for a moment.
- To get out of Download mode and Enter TWRP Recovery mode: Press and hold Volume Down + ( Bixby key ) Home key while pressing these keys press and hold Power key and immediately press Volume Up key when the screen blanks while keep pressing ( Bixby key ) Home key and Power key. Release all keys when TWRP Recovery appears.
- disable samsung encryption: Format Data partition using FORMAT DATA button under Wipe options. (Note: This will wipe the internal storage)
- In the TWRP Recovery mode you can install any zip file that you want. or you can Install root file if you want to root your device.
If you want to root your device, you can watch this video “How to Install SuperSU Rooting File using TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy Devices”:
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status !
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.