How to Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy A6+ SM-A605F that runs Android 9 Pie. Once you installed TWRP recovery on your Samsung Galaxy A6+ SM-A605F, you can customize it, Rooting or installing custom ROM and also customize your android system. Make sure to backup all your important data and Take it your own risk!
Step by step Flash TWRP on Galaxy A6+ SM-A605F Android 9 Pie :
Tools that must be prepared:
- Enable Developer Options: go to Settings -> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Enable OEM unlock and USB debugging options ( Settings -> Developer options )
- Download and Extract ODIN v3.13.1 from https://odindownload.com/SamsungOdin/
- Download and Install Samsung Mobile Phone Drivers: http://developer.samsung.com/technical-doc/view.do?v=T000000117
- Download TWRP Recovery for Galaxy A6+ 2018
- Download no-verity-opt-encrypt and RMM-State_Bypass_Mesa_v2
- Download Stable Magisk Version: v19.3.
- Copy the files ( Magisk, latest no-verity-opt-encrypt and RMM-State_Bypass_Mesa_v2 ) to SD Card.
Install TWRP on Galaxy A6+ SM-A605F Android 9 Pie
- Make sure OEM Unlock Options Enabled and RMM State = Normal or KG State = Checking
- Wipe Data and Enter Download Mode : Turn Power Off. Press and hold Volume Up key + Power Key, When Samsung Logo appears release Power Key only, keep pressing Volume Up key until Android Recovery Mode Appears. Select Wipe data / Factory reset, Select Reboot to bootloader. Connect your Samsung Galaxy to PC using USB Cable.
- Open ODIN software ( Odin software will auto detect port of your device )
- In Option make sure to ticked F.Reset Time only and disable Auto-Reboot.
- In Files Download ticked AP and pointing to the location of TWRP .tar file, then klik Start, wait for a moment.
- Once Odin3 finished to flash the recovery (you should see a “PASS” message)
- Reboot to TWRP Recovery: Press and hold Volume Down and Power key together and when the screen is off, press and hold Volume Up and Power key quickly When Samsung Logo appears release Power Key only but keep pressing Volume Up key until TWRP Recovery screen Appears.
- Once TWRP is booted, decrypt data partition touch Wipe>Format Data and follow the instructions in screen.
- Go back to home screen then select Reboot -> Recovery.
- Select Install -> Select Storage ( select Micro SD card )
- Install RMM-State_Bypass_Mesa_v2 first and then no-verity-opt-encrypt-6.0 and Magisk-v19.3 ( You need to install magisk to prevent boot loop ).
- Reboot to system
- After the device is booted up, do the usual initial setup. It needs more time and be patient.
- For rooting read at Root Galaxy A6+ SM-A605F TWRP+Magisk Android 9 Pie.
If for any reason you fail to install TWRP multiple times/different methods, make sure you check this thread and if something goes wrong and you want to flash the ROM visit this post How to flash ROM on Galaxy A6+ SM-A605F.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status !
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.