How to Flash TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S20+. After flash TWRP Recovery you can use it for rooting your Galaxy S20+ or Install custom ROM. It works for Galaxy S20/S20+/S20 Ultra – Exynos variants only. it is not compatible with Snapdragon variants including but not limited to American(U/A/T/P/V), Chinese(0/8/6), Hong Kong(0), Japanese(SC-*), Canadian(W) variants. Read notes / Warning on the bottom of this post before flashing TWRP on your Samsung Galaxy. Take it at your own risk! Follow the instruction carefully and Make sure to backup all your important data!
- Download and Extract ODIN v3.13.1 from https://odindownload.com/SamsungOdin/ or later
- Download and Install Samsung Mobile Phone Drivers: http://developer.samsung.com/technical-doc/view.do?v=T000000117 ignore this if it installed
- Download TWRP_S20_S20+_S20Ultra_ATBG.tar and TWRP_S20_S20+_S20Ultra_BTH5.tar at XDA Developer
- Download S20_N20_Encryption_Disabler.zip
Unlocking Bootloader Galaxy S20/S20+/S20 Ultra
- Enable Developer Options: go to Settings -> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Enable OEM unlocking option ( Settings -> Developer options )
- Turn Power off the phone, Press and hold Volume Down + Volume Up keys together then while pressing these keys connecting the phone to PC with USB Cable Data, release all keys when Download Mode appears, then press volume up once to enter download mode.
- Unlock Bootloader : In Download Mode you see the long press Vol Up option to enter Device Unlock Mode. Unlock the bootloader ( that will wipe your device so be sure to backup of your data )
- Read description on the Unlock Bootloader screen then use Volume UP to select “YES” to confirm and “No” to cancel unlock bootloader and restart the phone.
- After Bootloader unlock, the phone will reboot and make sure the phone connected to the internet or triggers KG State / RMM State Prenormal.
- Setup the phone without google account etc.
Instruction for Installing TWRP on Galaxy S20/S20+/S20 Ultra
- Make sure the bootloader are unlocked, OEM unlock option is grey out
- Enter Download Mode : Turn Power Off. Press and hold Volume Up key + Power Key, When Samsung Logo appears release Power Key only, keep pressing Volume Up key until Android Recovery Mode Appears. Select Wipe data/factory reset and confirm then Select Reboot to bootloader.
- Open ODIN, IMPORTANT!: Uncheck “Auto Reboot” in Options!
- Flashing TWRP .tar as AP in ODIN,
- Connect to the phone to computer, then click start.
- TWRP is now successfully flashed to your device! Several steps before you can properly use the device.
- DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP! Press and hold Volume Down + Power Key, when the screen blank quickly press and hold Volume Up + Power key, when Samsung Logo appears release Power key only, keep pressing Volume Up key until TWRP Recovery Mode Appears.
- Select Wipe -> Format data.
- Copy Encryption disabler ( S20_N20_Encryption_Disabler.zip ) to phone and install it
- Select Reboot to System
- Setup the phone
- Connect the phone to Internet wait for a moment, make sure OEM unlock option is grey out
If something goes wrong and you want to unroot it, just flash the ROM to make it works again, you must flash the stock rom to make it works again.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status !
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.