How to flash TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ SM-G928G (zenlte). It works for International GSM (SM-G928F, SM-G928FD, SM-G928G, SM-G928I), Canada (SM-G928W8), T-Mobile USA (SM-G928T), Sprint (SM-G928P), US Cellular (SM-G928R4), China & China Duos (SM-G9280, SM-G9287, SM-G9287C) and Korea (SM-G928K, SM-G928L, SM-G928S). Once you installed TWRP recovery on your Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+, you can customize it, Rooting or installing custom ROM and also customize your android system. Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
Step by step Installing TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ :
Prepare your device:
- Enable Developer Options: go to Settings -> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Enable OEM unlock and USB debugging options ( Settings -> Developer options )
- Download and Extract ODIN https://odindownload.com/SamsungOdin/
- Download and Install Samsung Mobile Phone Drivers: http://developer.samsung.com/technical-doc/view.do?v=T000000117
- Download TWRP Recovery .tar
Install TWRP Recovery
- Open ODIN software
- In Option make sure to ticked F.Reset Time only and disable Auto-Reboot.
- In Files Download ticked AP and pointing to the location of TWRP .tar file
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy and open Download Mode or ODIN Mode: To enter Download Mode Press and hold Volume Down key, while pressing the key Press and hold Power key, Release all key when Download / Odin mode appears.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy to PC using USB Cable and Press Volume Up key.
- Odin software will auto detect port of your device, after detected device, klik Start, wait for a moment.
- To get out of Download mode and Enter TWRP Recovery mode: Press and hold Volume Down while pressing the key press and hold Power key and immediately press Volume Up key when the screen blanks while keep pressing Home key and Power key. Release all keys when TWRP Recovery appears.
- At this point, you will reach the screen asking you if you want to allow system modifications.
By swiping right, you will trigger dm-verity, and if you don’t follow the next step you will be unable to boot!
If you are going to root your device and follow the rest of these steps, then it is safe to swipe right and enable modifications.
- If you want to be rooted with SuperSU: Download the latest SuperSU by Chainfire. Without exiting TWRP, transfer the SuperSU zip to your device over MTP* and flash it using [Install] in TWRP. You will need an external SDcard for this method, if you don’t have one you will have to use adb sideload to install SuperSU.
- If you only want a bootable system partition: Download the latest dm-verity and force encryption disabler zip. Without exiting TWRP, transfer the no-verity-opt-encrypt zip to your device over MTP* and flash it using [Install] in TWRP. Note: This does not disable the forced encryption on Bxxx firmware, only Axxx firmware due to a change in vold by Samsung.
- Go to [Reboot] -> [System].
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status !
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.