Unofficial release –TWRP recovery for the Galaxy A7 2018 SM-A750F EXYNOS 7885. Once you installed TWRP recovery on your Samsung Galaxy A8 2018, you can customize it, Rooting or installing custom ROM and also customize your android system. Make sure to backup all your important data and Take it your own risk! For rooting you can read “Rooting Samsung Galaxy A7 2018 SM-A750F” post.
Step by step Flashing TWRP on Galaxy A7 2018 SM-A750F :
Tools that must be prepared:
- Enable Developer Options: go to Settings -> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Enable OEM unlock and USB debugging options ( Settings -> Developer options )
- Download and Extract ODIN v3.13.1 from https://odindownload.com/SamsungOdin/
- Download and Install Samsung Mobile Phone Drivers: http://developer.samsung.com/technical-doc/view.do?v=T000000117
- Download TWRP Recovery
- Download RMM-State_Bypass_Mesa_v2
Flashing TWRP on Galaxy A7 2018 SM-A750F
- Make sure your phone isn’t RMM Locked.
- Open ODIN software
- In Option make sure to ticked F.Reset Time only and disable Auto-Reboot.
- In Files Download ticked AP and pointing to the location of TWRP .tar file
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy and open Download Mode or ODIN Mode: To enter Download Mode Press and hold Volume Down key + Volume Up, while pressing these keys Press and hold Power key, Release all key when Download / Odin mode appears.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy to PC using USB Cable and Press Volume Up key.
- Odin software will auto detect port of your device, after detected device, klik Start, wait for a moment.
- Do NOT let the device boot to the OS. To get out of Download mode and Enter TWRP Recovery mode: Press and hold Volume Down + Power key and immediately press Volume Up key when the screen blanks while keep pressing Power key. Release all keys when TWRP Recovery appears.
- Install the RMM Bypass zip (touch Install and select each zip to flash it) NOTE: FAILURE TO FOLLOW THE STEPS ABOVE IMPLICITLY WILL RESULT IN STOCK RECOVERY REPLACING TWRP AT FIRST BOOT.
- Reboot to TWRP (Do not boot to the OS yet)
- To mount data it is necessary to first *FORMAT* (not wipe) the /DATA partition using the FORMAT DATA button under the wipe options.
If for any reason you fail to install TWRP multiple times/different methods, make sure you check this thread and if something goes wrong and you want to flash the ROM visit this post How to flash ROM on SM-A750F.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status !
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.
Source: XDA-Developer Forum