How to root Android Lollipop 5.0.2 on Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530H after upgrade to Android Lollipop 5.0.2 Firmware. See How to upgrade the SM-G530H from Kitkat 4.4.4 to Android Lollipop 5.0.2 if you want to upgrade it. Rooting SM-G530H we need new tools, old root tool for Kitkat does not work for Android Lollipop 5.0.2.
Step by step to root SM-G530H that installed Android Lollipop 5.0.2:
- Download TWRP from http://www.4shared.com/file/XQAlhoclce/TWRP-SMG530H.html?
- Download SM-G530H-SuperSU-v2.46.zip from http://www.4shared.com/zip/0vuOXMLvba/SM-G530H-SuperSU-v246.html?
- Download Odin v3.09 http://androidhost.org/PVAIv
- Open Odin to flash TWRP TWRP-SMG530H.tar
- In Option make sure to ticked Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time only
- In Files Download ticked AP and pointing the location of TWRP-SMG530H.tar file ( see picture below ) then klik Start
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime and open Download Mode or ODIN Mode: To enter Download Mode on Grand Prime ( Press and hold Volume Down key + Home Key then while pressing these keys Press and hold Power key, Release all key when Download / Odin mode appears ).
- Connect your Grand prime to PC using USB Cable and Press Volume Up key.
- Odin software will auto detect port of your device, after detected device, klik Start, wait for a moment.
- After flashing finish the device will reboot.
- Next step: Copy file SM-G530H-SuperSU-v2.46.zip to external SD Card and install it from Recovery mode
- To enter Recovery mode ( turn off your device, press and hold Volume Up key + Home key then while pressing these keys press and hold Power key, release all key when you see Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime logo appears ). You should in the Recovery Mode right now.
- In the New Recovery mode interface tap Install -> tap (A Level) -> tap external SD -> tap SM-G530H-SuperSU-v2.46.zip file -> Swipe from left to right on the line. ( see picture below )
- After install the file, Reboot your device, Done!
If you get Boot Loop after root your samsung galaxy grand prime, read this How to Fix Boot Loop After Update Samsung Android Firmwares
Related link with this post :