How to Fix Custom Binary blocked by FRP Lock on Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J710FN (2016). It happened to me after root my device ( How to root Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J710FN ), Why? I disabled Developer options and OEM unlock options then I restart the device, what happened next? I can not enter the Android system and get error message “Custom Binary blocked by FRP Lock”, really frustrated! Searched on the net there are no solutions. I do some experiments and Voila! I can fixed the “Custom Binary blocked by FRP Lock” on my Device J7 SM-J710FN. It also works for other Samsung Galaxy Device when you faced this situation. Just flashing your device with Stock ROM and it works again.
This case is different with Google Account Verification with message “This device was reset. To continue, Sign in with a Google Account that was previously synced on this device”. on Custom Binary blocked by FRP Lock on, you can not enter the android system and on Google Account Verification: you can enter the Android system but requested to enter google account that was previously synced on the device. it means if you can not remember your google account or password, you can not enter the home screen because Factory Reset Protection is Lock On. You must bypass FRP Lock and Google Account Verification. But for Custom Binary blocked by FRP Lock on you can fix it by flashing the ROM.
If you faced this don’t panic! The solution is flashing the stock ROM. Download the ROM from sammobile dot com for SM-710FN. There are 3 Stock ROMs:
Download firmware the date “2016-07-21” India Country, for Firmware date “2016-12-05” does not work. Don’t worry about country. my SM-J710FN is Indonesia Version and Flashing with India Country, worked!. Details SM-J710FN Firmware:
Version Android 6.0.1
Build date Thu, 07 Jul 2016 03:51:07 +0000
Security Patch Level 2016-07-01
Product code INS
Use ODIN to flash the firmware follow these steps:
How to install stock ROM Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J710FN :
- Extract (unzip) the firmware file. Download at http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/download/81645/J710FXXU1APG5_J710FODD1APF6_INS/
- Download ODIN http://odindownload.com/download/Odin3_v3.11.1.zip
- Extract Odin ZIP file
- Open Odin
- Reboot Phone in Download Mode ( Turn Power off the phone, Press and hold Volume Down key and Home key, While pressing these keys press and hold Power key, Release all key when Download Mode / Odin Mode appears )
- Connect the phone to PC with USB Cable Data, then Press and release Volume Up key
- Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
- Add the firmware file to AP / PDA
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked, ticked Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time only
- Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes
Odin Log Screen:
Odin Finish Flash the firmware:
If you flash the firmware using the firmware that is not from your region and you get an error message. It means the firmware is not suitable for your Samsung model. Try to download other region.
WARNING! WARNING! WARNING!
Once your device rooted, Don’t Ever Disable Developer options and Don’t ever Disable OEM unlock
What is your risk if disable these? When your device booting or restarting you can not enter the android anymore and blocked with message “Custom Binary blocked by FRP lock”.