CAOS v224 Android 10 for Samsung Galaxy A51 Super Image Partition. CAOS (Custom AOSP OS) is a project which based on phhusson‘s Treble AOSP GSI. It does not support voLTE. This ROM Required: Installed TWRP Recovery. Version Information Status: Stable GSI ROM caos-v224-201029-arm64-bvN ( ARM64-AB ) without GAPPS. Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Your phone must be Installed TWRP Recovery for Android 10. If not, you can read How to Flash TWRP on Samsung Galaxy A51 Android 10 Q.
- Download caos-v224-201029-arm64-bvN.img.xz ( extract it to get img file, use 7-zip )
- Download GSI_Flasher.zip : (I can’t provide the download link for some reason)
- Download latest Open GAPPS: Platform=ARM64, Android=10, Variant=nano ( if necessary )
- Download Termux
- Copy ROM and GApps to SD Card ( Recommended )
Make GSI Image Flashable
- Extract GSI_Flasher.zip
- Extract GSI Image.img.xz to \GSI_Flasher\gsi
- Go to \GSI_Flasher\gsi folder
- Rename GSI Image.img to system.img
- Repack gsi, META-INF, scripts folders to zip
- You can name it as you want ( caos-v224-201029-arm64-bvN.zip )
Note: I can’t provide the download link for some reason, please find out for yourself
How to Install CAOS v224 Android 10 on Samsung Galaxy A51:
- Enter TWRP Recovery Mode: Turn power off; Press and hold Volume Up key + Power key, when samsung logo appears release power key only, keep pressing volume up until TWRP recovery appears
- Select Wipe – Format data ( type “yes” and confirm )
- Select Wipe – Advanced wipe ( select “Dalvik, Cache, Data” ) – Swipe to wipe
- Reboot to Recovery
- Copy caos-v224-201029-arm64-bvN.zip to Internal storage / phone
- Select Install – select caos-v224-201029-arm64-bvN.zip and Swipe to confirm flash
- Select Reboot – System
- Setup the Phone
Install GApps and Rooting
- Enter TWRP Recovery
- Install Magisk v20.4
- Reboot to System
- Connect phone to internet
- Open Magisk Manager
- Install and Open Termux
- Type: su and Granted Superuser Request
- Type: lptools resize system 3000000000
- Turn power off the phone
- Enter TWRP
- Select Advanced – Terminal ( type 3 command below and execute one by one )
- type: blockdev – setrw /dev/block/mapper/system
- type: e2fsck -f /dev/block/mapper/system
- type: resize2fs /dev/block/mapper/system
- back to home
- Select Mount – ( select “System, Vendor” ), Back to home
- Select Install – select open_gapps-arm64-10.0-nano-xxxxxxxx.zip, Swipe to confirm Flash ( you can use other gapps packet installer )
- Select Reboot to System
If you want to uninstall this custom ROM and back to stock ROM, just flash the stock ROM to your device. Flashing stock ROM will also uninstall TWRP Recovery and it will back to stock Android Recovery.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, flash custom rom and Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status!
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.
Watch this video: