How to Flash LineageOS 17.1 Android 10 on Samsung Galaxy A51 Super Image Partition Update: 20201215. LineageOS 17.1 comes with OS Android 10 Q brought to you by Andyyan@sourceforge, last update 2020-12-15. Version Information: Status Stable GSI lineage-17.1-20201215-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_bvS ( ARM64-AB ). To install this Custom ROM, your phone must be installed TWRP Custom Recovery. Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Your phone must be Installed TWRP Recovery for Android 10. If not, you can read How to Flash TWRP on Samsung Galaxy A51 Android 10 Q.
- Download lineage-17.1-20201215-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_bvS.img.xz and extract it
- Download GSI_Flasher.zip : (I can’t provide the download link for some reason)
- Download latest Open GAPPS: Platform=ARM64, Android=10, Variant=nano ( if necessary )
- Download Termux
- Copy ROM and GApps to SD Card ( Recommended )
Make GSI Image Flashable
- Extract GSI_Flasher.zip
- Extract GSI Image.img.xz to \GSI_Flasher\gsi
- Go to \GSI_Flasher\gsi folder
- Rename GSI Image.img to system.img
- Repack gsi, META-INF, scripts folders to zip
- You can name it as you want ( lineage-17.1-20201215-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_bvS.zip )
Note: I can’t provide the download link for some reason, please find out for yourself
How to Install LineageOS 17.1 Android 10 on Samsung Galaxy A51:
- Enter TWRP Recovery Mode: Turn power off; Press and hold Volume Up key + Power key, when samsung logo appears release power key only, keep pressing volume up until TWRP recovery appears
- Select Wipe – Format data ( type “yes” and confirm )
- Select Wipe – Advanced wipe ( select “Dalvik, Cache, Data” ) – Swipe to wipe
- Reboot to Recovery
- Copy lineage-17.1-20201215-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_bvS.zip to Internal storage / phone ( Must be in Internal storage ) If you used GSI_Flasher.zip and Copy to External SD Card if you used GSI_Flasher_SDCard.zip
- Select Install – select lineage-17.1-20201215-UNOFFICIAL-treble_arm64_bvS.zip and Swipe to confirm flash
- Select Reboot – System
- Setup the Phone
Install GApps and Rooting
- Enter TWRP Recovery
- Install Magisk v20.4
- Reboot to System
- Connect phone to internet
- Open Magisk Manager
- Install and Open Termux
- Type: su and Granted Superuser Request
- Type: lptools resize system 3000000000
- Turn power off the phone
- Enter TWRP
- Select Advanced – Terminal ( type 3 command below and execute one by one )
- type: blockdev – setrw /dev/block/mapper/system
- type: e2fsck -f /dev/block/mapper/system
- type: resize2fs /dev/block/mapper/system
- back to home
- Select Mount – ( select “System, Vendor” ), Back to home
- Select Install – select open_gapps-arm64-10.0-nano-xxxxxxxx.zip, Swipe to confirm Flash ( you can use other gapps packet installer )
- Select Reboot to System
If you want to uninstall this custom ROM and back to stock ROM, just flash the stock ROM to your device. Flashing stock ROM will also uninstall TWRP Recovery and it will back to stock Android Recovery.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, flash custom rom and Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status!
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.
Watch this video: