How to Install CAOS v301 Android 11 for Samsung Galaxy A50. CAOS (Custom AOSP OS) is a project which based on phhusson’s Treble AOSP GSI. This update comes with built-in Magisk Root. It does not support voLTE and FingerPrint under display. To install this Custom ROM, your phone must be installed TWRP Recovery. Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Your phone must be Installed TWRP Recovery for Android 10. If not, you can read TWRP v3.5.0 for Samsung Galaxy A50 SM-A505F Android 10 ( Recommended )
- Download caos-v301-210307-arm64-bgZ.img.xz ( extract it to get img file, use 7-zip )
- Download open_gapps-arm64-11.0-nano-20210110-TEST.zip or latest ( if necessary )
- Copy rom img and GApps to SD Card
How to Install CAOS v301 on Samsung Galaxy A50:
- Enter TWRP Recovery Mode: Turn power off; Press and hold Volume Up key + Power key, when samsung logo appears release power key only, keep pressing volume up until TWRP recovery appears
- Select Wipe – Format Data – type “yes” and confirm
- Select Wipe – Advanced ( Dalvik, Cache, System ) Swipe to wipe
- Select Install- Install Image – caos-v301-210307-arm64-bgZ.img – thick “System Image” Swipe to confirm flash
- Select Reboot – System
- Setup the Phone
Rooting if necessary
- Enter TWRP recovery : Turn Power Off. Press and hold Volume Up key + Power Key, When SAMSUNG logo appears release Power Key only, keep pressing Volume Up key until TWRP recovery appears.
- Select Reboot – Recovery
- Connect to Internet
- Tap Magisk app
- Install and Open Magisk Manager
- Magisk Manager will ask to do additional setups. Let it do its job and the app will automatically reboot your device.
- Done! You can use Root Checker to check it, Enjoy!
Install GApps if necessary
- Enter TWRP Recovery
- Select Wipe – Advanced Wipe ( select “System” ) – Repair or Change File System – Resize File System – Swipe to Resize
- Select Mount – ( select “System, Vendor” ), Back to home
- Select Install – open_gapps-arm64-11.0-nano-20210110-TEST.zip or latest, Swipe to confirm Flash
- Select Reboot – Recovery
Watch this Video!
If you want to uninstall this custom ROM and back to stock ROM, just flash the stock ROM to your device. Flashing stock ROM will also uninstall TWRP Recovery and it will back to stock Android Recovery.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, flash custom rom and Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status!
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.