How to Flash LineageOS 18.1 Android 11 on Samsung Galaxy M30s. LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. To install this Custom ROM, your phone must be installed TWRP Custom Recovery. Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Your phone must be Installed TWRP Recovery for Android 10. If not, you can read How to Flash TWRP 3.5.0 Official and Root Samsung Galaxy M30s
- Download lineage-18.1-20210102-UNOFFICIAL-m30sdd-userdebug.zip
- Download NikGapps-basic-arm64-11-20201025-signed.zip or latest ( if necessary )
- Copy rom and GApps to SD Card
How to Install LineageOS 18.1 Android 11 on Samsung Galaxy M30s:
- Enter TWRP Recovery Mode: Turn power off; Press and hold Volume Up key + Power key, when samsung logo appears release power key only, keep pressing volume up until TWRP recovery appears
- Select Wipe – Format Data – type “yes” and confirm
- Select Wipe – Advanced ( Dalvik, Cache, System ) Swipe to wipe
- Select Install ( If file in SD Card: Select Storage – Micro SD card – OK ) – select lineage-18.1-20210102-UNOFFICIAL-m30sdd-userdebug.zip Swipe to confirm Flash
- Select Reboot – System
- Setup the Phone
Install GApps if necessary
- Enter TWRP Recovery
- Select Install ( If file in SD Card: Select Storage – Micro SD card – OK ) – select NikGapps-basic-arm64-11-20201025-signed.zip, Swipe to confirm Flash
- Select Reboot – System
Rooting if necessary
- Connect the phone to Internet
- Install Magisk Manager. Magisk Manager will ask to do additional setups. Let it do its job and the app will automatically reboot your device.
- Done! You can use Root Checker to check it, Enjoy!
If you want to uninstall this custom ROM and back to stock ROM, just flash the stock ROM to your device. Flashing stock ROM will also uninstall TWRP Recovery and it will back to stock Android Recovery.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, flash custom rom and Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status!
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.