How to Flash LineageOS Unofficial Custom ROM for Galaxy J7 SM-J730GM Android 7.1.2 Nougat. ROM Version Information: Status: Stable, OS Version: 7.1.2 Nougat, Kernel: Linux 3.18.x, Firmware Required: J730GMDXU2AQL1, and Based on: LineageOS 14.1. To install this ROM, your phone need to be installed TWRP Custom Recovery. Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Your phone must be Installed TWRP Recovery. If not, you can read “How to Flash TWRP on Samsung Galaxy Devices” ignore the rooting session on point 8.
- Download lineage-14.1-20180205-UNOFFICIAL-j7y17lte.zip This custom ROM does not included GAPPS ( Google Applications )
- Download Update patch UnoffcialUpdatePatchForLineageOS forJ7ProByMohi1117_08-02-2018.zip
- Google Apps (choose arm for Android 7.1): http://opengapps.org
How to Install Nova OS Custom ROM:
- Enter TWRP Recovery Mode: Turn power off; Press and hold Volume Up key + Home key, while pressing these keys press and hold Power key. Release all keys when TWRP Recovery mode appears on the screeen
- Select Wipe -> Advanced Wipe: Ticked Dalvik \ Art Cache, Data, System ( Important to do this, if you don’t wipe with this options, you will get boot loop when finish flash the zip files. If you get boot loop to fix it, you must repeat it again and do this )
- Swipe to Wipe
- From Home menu, select Install and point to lineage-14.1-20180205-UNOFFICIAL-j7y17lte.zip file and then swipe to flash.
- Repeat point 4 to install UnoffcialUpdatePatchForLineageOS forJ7ProByMohi1117_08-02-2018.zip
- Select Reboot to System, on the TWRP Install apps, tab Do not Install.
- Wait a moment, it need more times than usual.
If you want to uninstall this custom ROM and back to stock ROM, just flash the stock ROM to your device. Flashing stock ROM will also uninstall TWRP Recovery and it will back to stock Android Recovery.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, flash custom rom and Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status!
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.