How to Install / Flash Revenge OS v1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J510H. Base on Android 7.x ROM. It works for Galaxy J5 ( SM-J510F, SM-J510FN, SM-J510MN, SM-J510GN ). Created 2018-07-16 Last Updated 2018-07-16 . Status: Stable Current Stable Version: v1 Stable Release Date: 2018-07-16. To install this ROM, your phone need to be installed TWRP Custom Recovery. Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
Your phone must be Installed TWRP Recovery. Ignoring root session, to install Custom ROM you don’t need rooting the device.
- Install TWRP Recovery and Root on Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J510F
- Install TWRP Recovery and Root on Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J510FN
- Install TWRP Recovery and Root on Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J510MN
- Install TWRP Recovery and Root on Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J510GN
- Install TWRP Recovery and Root on Samsung Galaxy J5 SM-J510H
How to Install Revenge OS v1 Custom ROM :
- Download Revenge rom V1 for J510xx.zip and Copy the ROM zip into your phone.
- Enter TWRP Recovery Mode: Turn power off; Press and hold Volume Up key + Home key, while pressing these keys press and hold Power key. Release all keys when TWRP Recovery mode appears on the screeen
- Select Wipe -> Advanced Wipe: Ticked Dalvik \ Art Cache, Data, System ( Important to do this, if you don’t wipe with this options, you will get boot loop when finish flash the zip files. If you get boot loop to fix it, you must repeat it again and do this )
- Swipe to Wipe
- From Home menu, select Install and point to Revenge OS v1 ROM file and then swipe to flash.
- Select Reboot to System, on the TWRP Install apps, tab Do not Install.
- Wait a moment, it need more times than usual.
If you want to uninstall this custom ROM and back to stock ROM, just flash the stock ROM to your device. Flashing stock ROM will also uninstall TWRP Recovery and it will back to stock Android Recovery.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Custom Recovery / Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, flash custom rom, Custom Recovery and Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status!
- If your device storage is encrypted, Custom ROM / Custom Recovery / Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.