How to flash OrangeFox Recovery R11 on Samsung Galaxy A52. OrangeFox Recovery is one of the most popular custom recoveries, with amazing additional features, fixes and a host of supported devices. OrangeFox Recovery was originally designed for Xiaomi and now support for Samsung Galaxy A52. Brought to you by @ShaDisNX255 / @geekmaster21. Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
Download and Terms
- The phone bootloader must be unlocked, if not read How to unlock bootloader Galaxy A52
- Download OrangeFox Recovery ( extract it to get recovery.img file )
- Download Null vbmeta.img
- Download multidisabler-samsung.zip ( copy this file to sdcard before flashing orangeFox, when I make this post, MTP does not work in OrangeFox )
- Repack recovery.img + vbmeta.img as a tar file ( I named it “A52_OrangeFox_11.tar” )
- Make sure the bootloader unlocked, the OEM Unlocking option is grey out
- Enter Download Mode : Turn Power Off. Press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down key together, while pressing these keys, connect the phone to computer, then press volume up once.
- Open ODIN, IMPORTANT!: Uncheck “Auto Reboot” in Options!
- Flashing A52_OrangeFox_11.tar as AP in ODIN, then click start.
- DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP! Don’t remove USB Cable, let it connected. Press and hold Volume Down + Power Key, when the screen blank quickly press and hold Volume Up + Power key until red warning “This phone is not running Samsung’s official software…” disappears. Then release all keys. It will take more time than usual until OrangeFox recovery appears.
- Select Wipe -> Format data, type ‘yes’ and confirm
- Select Files – select multidisabler-samsung.zip Swipe to Install
- Select Reboot to System
- etup the phone
Watch this video!
If you want to uninstall custom recovery and back to stock ROM, just flash the stock ROM to your device. Flashing stock ROM will also uninstall custom Recovery and it will back to stock Android Recovery.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, flash custom rom and Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status!
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.