How to fix samsung galaxy J7 pro ( SM-J730G / SM-J730GM / SM-J730F ) touch screen problem after update to Android 8.1.0 Oreo. The problem is Galaxy J7 Pro Touch screen unresponsive or does not work after update it to Android 8.10 Oreo. Samsung suggest to hard reset it or rebooting the J7 pro but that’s not work to fix the problem. It’s only tested on J7 Pro SM-J730G but it may be work for SM-J730GM and SM-J730F models.
For you who have updated your phone to android oreo and for you who will update it to android oreo. I have tested and confirmed by flashing the ROM using ODIN will fix touch screen problem. Flashing the rom you must use the latest ODIN3 3.13.1 and Odin3 v3.13.1_3B_PatcheD.exe. Follow this steps carefully and you need to enable USB Debugging options.
Enable USB Debugging from Developer Options. Important to watch this video How to access your phone using USB OTG and Mouse. You can use a mouse to activate Developers Options ( go to Settings – About phone – Sofware information – Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options ) and then Enable USB Debugging ( Scrolling down and look for USB debugging and switch on toggle )
Preparation needed Fix J7 Pro Touch Screen Problem
- First download original Odin 3.13.1
- Then download Patched Odin 3.13.1
- Download and Install Samsung Mobile Phone Drivers: http://developer.samsung.com/technical-doc/view.do?v=T000000117
- Download the firmware that match with your model number from updato.com, I suggest from this web because you don’t need to registered, fair speed download and that is free.
Flashing Samsung Galaxy J7 Pro
- Extract Original odin and then extract patched odin 3.13.1 on the same folder with original odin. Confirming to replace Odin3.ini file. You will see “Odin3 v3.13.1_3B_PatcheD.exe” don’t make any change to this file.
- Run Odin3 v3.13.1_3B_PatcheD.exe
- Reboot Phone in Download Mode ( Turn Power off the phone, Press and hold Volume Down key + Home key then press and hold Power key, Release all key when Download Mode / Odin Mode appears then Press and release Volume Up key )
- Alternative Entering download mode ( force shutdown ) if you can not turn power off normally: Press and hold Volume Down key + Home key then press and hold Power key, Release all key when Download Mode / Odin Mode appears then Press and release Volume Up key
- Connect the phone to PC with USB Cable Data
- Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
- Add the firmware files AP, BL, CP and CSC. If the firmware comes with single file, insert it on the AP only.
- In Option make sure to ticked F.Reset Time and Auto-Reboot only
- Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes
You can also Watch this video How to Fix J7 Pro Touch Screen Problem after Update
- Make sure to backup your data, It will erase all the data. Watch this video how to backup your data using USB OTG.
- Make sure the firmware is match with your Samsung Galaxy model number
- Make sure to ticked F.Reset Time and Auto-Reboot only
- If your device rooted, flashing firmware will unroot it.
- Do this with your own risk