MIUI 12 Redmi Note 8 Pro: How to Update MIUI 11 to MIUI 12 via TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 8 Pro Global – Begonia. MIUI V126.96.36.199.QGGMIXM Stable Official Update for Redmi Note 8 Pro Global (begonia). If you don’t want to use MIUI 12 you can go back to MIUI 11. I started by downgrade Android 10 to Android 9. I used fastboot image android 9 Global Begonia, when I created this post, MIUI 12 is only available for Redmi note 8 pro Global – Begonia and China version. Tested on Redmi Note 8 Pro Indonesia version. Use at your own risk I don’t responsible for bricking your device.
- TWRP Recovery for Android 9, download it on XDA – Developer forum
- Fastboot Image Android 9 for Redmi Note 8 Pro Global – Begonia MIUI V188.8.131.52.PGGMIXM
- Recovery image Redmi Note 8 Pro Global – Begonia MIUI V184.108.40.206.QGGMIXM
Flashing Android 9 on Redmi Note 8 Pro
- Enter Fastboot Mode : Turn Power Off, press and hold volume down + power key, when Redmi logo appears release power key only, keep pressing volume up until fastboot mode appears.
- Connect phone to computer
- Open Miflash tool, select folder begonia_global_images_V220.127.116.11.PGGMIXM_20200108.0000.00_9.0_global
- Important! make sure to select ‘Clean All’ options
- Click refresh button and then flash button
- Setup the phone
Flashing TWRP Recovery for Android 9
- Enable USB Debugging
- Run CMD command as Administrator on your PC
- Change folder to c:\platform-tools
- type: ‘adb devices’ to check connection phone and pc
- type: ‘adb reboot bootloader’ ( boot phone to fastboot mode )
- type: ‘fastboot flash recovery twrp9.img’
- type: ‘fastboot reboot’
- Press and Hold volume Up + power key quickly when screen blank. When phone vibrate once, release power key only, keep pressing Volume Up until LR TWRP screen appears.
- Continue Next step…. Install MIUI 12
Install MIUI 12: MIUI V18.104.22.168.QGGMIXM for Redmi Note 8 Pro Global – Begonia
- Tap Mount thick system
- Tap Home – Advanced – File Manager
- navigate to system_root – system folders
- tap on recovery-from-boot.p file – tap delete it
- tap Home – Advanced – tap install root
- Tap Home – advanced – tap Close AVB2.0
- Thick only first option ( Close the boot Verification of AVB2.0 )
- Select Wipe – select ( Dalvik, Cache ) Swipe to confirm
- Install CFW Compatible ROM: Select Install ( If image file in SD Card: Select Storage – Micro SD card – OK ) – select miui_BEGONIAGlobal_V22.214.171.124.QGGMIXM_d7ccad5950_10.0.zip Swipe to confirm
- Select Wipe – Format Data, type “yes” and Confirm
- Select Reboot – System
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- Make sure to backup your important data before flash it
Watch This Video: