How to Unlock Bootloader Xiaomi Redmi 3S. To unlock Bootloader Redmi 3S you must have Mi-Account user and password. This is normally method to unlock the bootloader with official Mi Unlock tool. Unlocked bootloader will allow you to flash TWRP recovery / custom recovery, Rooting and flash Custom ROM.
Unlock Redmi 3S bootloader instructions:
- Check the bootloader locked or not: Go to Settings -> About phone -> tap on MIUI version 5 times to activate Developer options. Go to Additional settings -> scroll down Developer options, enable it and scroll down tap on Mi Unlock status and you will see the device locked or not.
- Enabling OEM unlocking option and USB Debugging
- Download and extract then Run Mi Unlock tool ( miflash_unlock.exe)
- Enter your Mi Account and password then click Sign in
- Enter Fastboot mode: Turn power off, press and hold Volume down + power key, release all keys when fastboot mode screen appears. Connect the phone to PC
- You will see Phone Connected on Mi Unlock tool screen, then click Unlock and wait..
- Select Reboot phone
- Check the bootloader locked or not: Go to Settings -> Additional settings -> Developer options -> tap on Mi Unlock status and you will see the device is Unlocked now.
- Done!! the phone bootloader is unlocked!
- Rooting and install TWRP Recovery you can visit post: How to Root Xiaomi Redmi 3S with TWRP + SuperSU
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.