How to root Xiaomi Redmi 3S using TWRP + SuperSU root method. If you failed and something goes wrong just flash the ROM to make it works again. Read notes / Warning on the bottom of this post before perform root your Xiaomi Redmi 3S. Take it your own risk! Follow the instruction carefully and Make sure to backup all your important data!
Download these files:
Rooting Xiaomi Redmi 3S instructions:
- Activate OEM unlocking options and USB Debugging
- Check Mi Bootloader unlock status, if the status locked you must unlock it first. visit this post: How to unlock Redmi 3S bootloader.
- Enter Fastboot Mode: Turn power off, press and hold volume down + power key, release all keys when fastboot mode screen appears.
- Connect the phone to PC
- Open TWRP-Installer folder and Run twrp-installer.bat
- Follow the instructions after complete the phone will boot to TWRP Recovery mode
- on the TWRP: select Advanced – Disable DM-verity
- Select Reboot -> System
- Rooting: Connect the Phone to PC, Copy UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.76-20160630161323.zip to phone
- Enter TWRP recovery: Press and hold Volume Up + Power key for a while, when yellow menu screen appears select Recovery on the next screen select OK, you should in TWRP recovery
- Select Install -> pointing to UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.76-20160630161323.zip and install it
- Select wipe cache/dalvik
- Select Reboot system
- WARNING!! Follow the instructions carefully, don’t miss a steps or you will STUCK ON MI LOGO. If you stuck on Mi logo, you must flash the ROM to make it works again.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.