How to Root Android 11 GSI with Magisk on Any GSIs; LineageOS, CAOS, Havoc-OS, FluidOS, StageOS, Decendant OS, NusantaraOS etc. Use latest magisk version v21.x, It works for rooting Android 11 GSI. We need modify and add some code to the file. I have rooted some GSI using magisk v21.x. We also need phh-super user to modify the system file. I recommended use mi-explorer apps to modify it. Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device. If it does not work you can try Root Android 11 GSi without Magisk
- Download phh’s-superuser-ab.zip
- Download phh_s_SuperUser_v220.127.116.11.apk
- Download miexplorer.apk
- Download Magisk Manager
- Download Termux
Rooting Android 11 GSI Instructions:
- DON’T CONNECT TO INTERNET
- Enter TWRP Recovery Mode: Turn power off; Press and hold Volume Up key + Power key, when samsung logo appears release power key only, keep pressing volume up until TWRP recovery appears
- Select Install – select phh’s-superuser-ab.zip, Swipe to confirm Flash
- Select Reboot – System
- Install phh_s_SuperUser_v18.104.22.168.apk
- Install Termux app
- Install miexplorer.apk ( you must install it after phh_s_SuperUser_v22.214.171.124.apk )
- DON’T CLOSE ANY APPS THAT OPENED, JUST TAP HOME
- Especially for Decendant 11 before continue, we must enter TWRP then Reboot – Recovery on Galaxy A50, other maybe you must install Magisk.
- Open Termux
Type: su ( granted superuser request )
Type: echo $PATH ( copy the tex it looks “/product/bin:/apex/com.android.runtime/bin:/system/bin:/system/xbin:/odm/bin:/vendor/bin:/vendor/xbin” )
- Open MiX app ( mi-explorer )
- Go to Root folder ( granted superuser request )
- Scroll down and look for “init.environ.rc”
- Open ini “init.environ.rc” as Code Editor
- Add code after “on early--init“: “export PATH /sbin:(paste from termux)”
complete code: “/sbin:/product/bin:/apex/com.android.runtime/bin:/system/bin:/system/xbin:/odm/bin:/vendor/bin:/vendor/xbin”, then Save It.
- Enter TWRP Recovery
- Select Reboot to Recovery or System, it depends on the Android phone Root Method
Install Magisk v21.x then
Select Reboot – System
ex: A30 etc
Magisk v21.x was patched to TWRP, then
Select Reboot – Recovery
ex: A50 / A50s / M30s etc
- CONNECT TO INTERNET
- Install Magisk Manager, If the Magisk did not install. Open MiXplorer go to Root folder, then create “sbin” folder. Enter TWRP recovery – Reboot to Recovery
- Magisk Manager will ask to do additional setups. Let it do its job and the app will automatically reboot your device.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, flash custom rom and Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status!
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.
Watch this video: