How to root Samsung Galaxy A50s SM-A507GN with Magisk v19.3 without TWRP Recovery. This Root method use Custom Channel Update for old Magisk version Magisk v19.3 by patching AP tar file. Magisk v19.3 worked stable on Galaxy A50s. As we know latest Magisk version v20.x did not work for Galaxy A50s with random bootloop problem. Read notes / Warning on the bottom of this post before perform root your Samsung Galaxy A50. It may be work for Galaxy A50s variants SM-A507F, SM-A507FN, SM-A507GN, SM-A507FM, SM-A507YN, SM-A507W. Take it your own risk! Follow the instruction carefully and Make sure to backup all your important data!
Step by step Rooting Samsung Galaxy A50s SM-A507GN with Magisk v19.3 Android 9 Pie
- Enable Developer Options: go to Settings -> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Enable OEM unlock option and USB debugging options ( Settings -> Developer options )
- Unlock Bootloader, If not you can read How to unlock Galaxy A50s bootloader.
- Download and Extract ODIN v3.13.1 from https://odindownload.com/SamsungOdin/
- Download and Install Samsung Mobile Phone Drivers: http://developer.samsung.com/technical-doc/view.do?v=T000000117
- Download Latest Magisk Manager
Patched AP .tar with Magisk Manager and Rooting Galaxy A50s SM-A507GN with Magisk v19.3 :
- Download the firmware Galaxy A50s that match with your A50s Model number.
- Unzip the firmware and copy the AP tar file to your device. It is normally named as AP_[device_model_sw_ver].tar.md5. Copy AP tar file and MagiskManager.apk to your phone.
- Install Magisk Manager on your phone
- Open Magisk – Settings – Update Channel select Custom in the custom URL write “https://github.com/topjohnwu/magisk_files/raw/3dec54c8a850660e3420f7668c7fb6dc8f7c199b/stable.json” then refresh Magisk by switch down the screen. Latest magisk is v19.3 right now.
- In Magisk Manager: Install → Install → Select and Patch a File
- Select the AP tar file. Magisk Manager will patch the whole firmware file and store the output to [Internal Storage]/Download/magisk_patched.tar. Copy magisk_patched.tar the tar file to your PC
- Reboot to Bootloader: Turn Power Off. Press and hold Volume Up key + Power Key, When Samsung Logo appears release Power Key only, keep pressing Volume Up key until Android Recovery Mode Appears. Select Wipe data / Factory reset. Select Reboot to bootloader. Connect the phone to PC using USB Cable.
- Make sure the boot loader are unlocked ( OEM options is enabled with grey color )
- Flash magisk_patched.tar as AP in ODIN, together with the BL, CP and HOME_CSC files.
Important: check “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset time” only in Options!
- Magisk is now successfully flashed to your device!
- After the device is booted up, do the usual initial setup. It need more time and patient.
- Connect the phone to Internet, if you see Magisk Manager have installed, you must uninstall it. Then Copy Magisk Manager apk file to your phone and install it.
- Open Magisk Manager. It will ask to do additional setups. Let it do its job and the app will automatically reboot your device.
- Done! Your phone root with Magisk v19.3, Enjoy!
If something goes wrong and you want to unroot it, just flash the ROM to make it works again. Read How to flash Galaxy A50/A50s.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status !
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.