How to root Samsung Galaxy A8 SM-A530F on Android 7.1.1 Nougat using SuperSU or Magisk. Root files Included TWRP Custom recovery, ODIN, SuperSU and Magisk. Make sure to backup all your important data and Take it your own risk. Read notes / Warning on the bottom of this post before perform rooting your Samsung Devices. Follow the instruction carefully and read the warning!
Step by step rooting and Installing TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy A8 SM-A530F:
Prepare your device:
- Enable Developer Options: go to Settings -> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Enable OEM unlock and USB debugging options ( Settings -> Developer options )
- Download and Extract ODIN http://odindownload.com/download/Odin3_v3.11.1.zip or latest odin version at http://odindownload.com/download/
- Download and Install Samsung Mobile Phone Drivers: http://developer.samsung.com/technical-doc/view.do?v=T000000117
- Download TWRP_3.2.1-1_sm-a530f_020218
- Download SUPERSU
- Download MAGISK
Install TWRP Recovery and SuperSU ( Rooting )
- Open ODIN software
- In Option make sure to ticked F.Reset Time only and disable Auto-Reboot.
- In Files Download ticked AP and pointing to the location of TWRP .tar file
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy and open Download Mode or ODIN Mode: To enter Download Mode Press and hold Volume Down key and Power key, Release all key when Download / Odin mode appears.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy to PC using USB Cable and Press Volume Up key.
- Odin software will auto detect port of your device, after detected device, klik Start, wait for a moment.
- Enter TWRP Recovery mode: Press and hold Volume Down + Power key to get out of Download mode and immediately press Volume Up key and Power key. Release all keys when TWRP Recovery appears.
- Rooting: Flash the latest SuperSU or Magisk release with TWRP
To disable forced encryption and mount internal storage (/DATA): (Note this MUST be flashed after SuperSU if you intend to root)
- Boot to Twrp
- Format Data partition using FORMAT DATA button under Wipe options. (Note: This will wipe the internal storage)
- Check DATA is mountable.
- Install SuperSU (if root is required)
- Install boot image patch ( Download: no-verity-no-encrypt_ashyx )
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status !
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.