How to root Galaxy S8+ SM-G955N Korean on Android 8.0 Oreo. Rooting files that you are need to download Magisk, RMM State Bypass, Samsung Anti-removal Tool and TWRP for Samsung Galaxy S8 (Exynos). Read notes / Warning on the bottom of this post before rooting your Samsung Galaxy S8. Follow the instruction carefully and read the warning!
Step by step root Samsung Galaxy S8+ SM-G955N on Android 8.0 Oreo :
Prepare your device:
- Enable Developer Options: go to Settings -> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Enable OEM unlock and USB debugging options ( Settings -> Developer options )
- Download and Extract ODIN http://odindownload.com/download/Odin3_v3.11.1.zip or latest odin version at http://odindownload.com/download/
- Download and Install Samsung Mobile Phone Drivers: http://developer.samsung.com/technical-doc/view.do?v=T000000117
- Download Magisk – http://download.highonandroid.com/file/Tools/Magisk/Magisk-v16.1.zip
- Download RMM State Bypass – http://download.highonandroid.com/file/Tools/Root/Samsung/RMM-State_Bypass_Mesa.zip
- Download Samsung Anti-removal Tool – http://download.highonandroid.com/file/Tools/SuperSU/samsung-antiroot-removal-2.4.zip
- Download TWRP recovery for Galaxy S8 (Exynos)
Install TWRP Recovery and Magisk ( Rooting )
- Open ODIN software
- In Option make sure to ticked F.Reset Time only and disable Auto-Reboot.
- In Files Download ticked AP and pointing to the location of TWRP .tar file
- Turn off your Samsung Galaxy and open Download Mode or ODIN Mode: To enter Download Mode: Press and hold Volume Down key + Bixby key, while pressing these keys Press and hold Power key, Release all key when Download / Odin mode appears.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy to PC using USB Cable and Press Volume Up key.
- Odin software will auto detect port of your device, after detected device, klik Start, wait for a moment.
- Very Important! If you failed in the next step YOU MAY HAVE TO WAIT 7 DAYS TO DO IT AGAIN!!
- Enter TWRP Recovery mode: Press and hold Volume Down + Power key to get out of Download mode when the screen blanks and immediately press Volume Up key + Bixby key + Power key. Release all keys when TWRP Recovery appears.
- Select or tap on “Keep Read Only”.
- From TWRP, Select WIPE menu – Then FORMAT DATA – You need to type ‘yes’ to perform wipe.
- Go back to home menu, then choose “Reboot”, then choose “Recovery”.
- Once rebooted to TWRP recovery, tap on “Keep Read Only”.
- Copy Magisk, RMM State Byppass, and Samsung anti removal zip files to your phone.
- Flash / Install the 3 files
- Reboot the phone and It should take about 3 minutes
- Open Magisk Manager app, You should see it in the apps drawer.
- If you see “Installed Version” then you have fully rooted your Galaxy S8!
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status !
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.