How to root Samsung Galaxy M30s SM-M307F Android 9 Pie using ODIN software. This Root method use Latest Magisk Manager and Magisk v20.1. Magisk v20.1 works stable on SM-M307F with ASJ2 firmware and August 1, 2019 Security Path Level. Lock screen, Biometrics and security worked without any issue, there is not randoom bootloop. Read notes / Warning on the bottom of this post before perform root your Samsung Galaxy M30s. Take it your own risk! Follow the instruction carefully and Make sure to backup all your important data!
Step by step Rooting Samsung Galaxy M30s SM-M307F for Android 9 Pie
- Enable Developer Options: go to Settings -> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Enable OEM unlock option and USB debugging options ( Settings -> Developer options )
- Unlock Bootloader If not, read How to unlock bootloader Galaxy M30s
- Download and Extract ODIN v3.13.1 from https://odindownload.com/SamsungOdin/
- Download and Install Samsung Mobile Phone Drivers: http://developer.samsung.com/technical-doc/view.do?v=T000000117
- Download Latest Magisk Manager ( MagiskManager-v7.3.4.apk )
Patched AP .tar and Rooting Galaxy M30s SM-M307F for Android 9 Pie with Magisk Manager :
- Make sure the boot loader are unlocked ( OEM options is enabled with grey color )
- Download the firmware Galaxy M30s SM-M307F.
- Unzip the firmware and copy the AP tar file to your device. It is normally named as AP_[device_model_sw_ver].tar.md5. Copy AP tar file and MagiskManager-v7.4.0.apk to your phone.
- Install Magisk Manager ( MagiskManager-v7.4.0.apk ) on your phone.
- In Magisk Manager: Install → Install → Select and Patch a File
- Select the AP tar file. Magisk Manager will patch the whole firmware file and store the output to [Internal Storage]/Download/magisk_patched.tar. Copy magisk_patched.tar the tar file to your PC
- Reboot to Bootloader: Turn Power Off. Press and hold Volume Up key + Power Key, When Samsung Logo appears release Power Key only, keep pressing Volume Up key until Android Recovery Mode Appears. Select Wipe data / Factory reset. Select Reboot to bootloader. Connect the phone to PC using USB Cable.
- Flash magisk_patched.tar as AP in ODIN, together with the BL, CP and HOME_CSC files.
Important: check “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset time” only in Options!
- Magisk is now successfully flashed to your device!
- After the device is booted up, do the usual initial setup. It need more time and patient.
- Connect the phone to Internet, Then Copy Magisk Manager apk file to your phone and install it.
- Open Magisk Manager. It will ask to do additional setups. Let it do its job and the app will automatically reboot your device.
- Done! Your phone root with Magisk v20.1, Enjoy!
If something goes wrong and you want to unroot it, just flash the ROM to make it works again. Read How to flash Galaxy M30s.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status !
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device -- with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.
Watch this video how to do it: