How to root Samsung Galaxy S10e SM-G970F Android 9 Pie using ODIN software. Root files Included TWRP_S10e_Magisk_Prepatched.tar for Galaxy S10e SM-G970F, Encryption_Disabler_S10_S10+_S10E.zip. Read notes / Warning on the bottom of this post before perform root your Samsung Galaxy S10e ( Exynos only! ) . Take it your own risk! Follow the instruction carefully and read the warning! Make sure to backup all your important data!
Step by step Rooting Samsung Galaxy S10e SM-G970F Android 9 Pie :
Tools that must be prepared:
- Enable Developer Options: go to Settings -> About device. Tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Enable OEM unlock and USB debugging options ( Settings -> Developer options )
- Download and Extract ODIN from https://odindownload.com/SamsungOdin/
- Download and Install Samsung Mobile Phone Drivers: http://developer.samsung.com/technical-doc/view.do?v=T000000117
- Download TWRP_S10e_Magisk_Prepatched.tar for Galaxy S10 SM-G973F
- Download Encryption_Disabler_S10_S10+_S10E.zip
Install TWRP and Root file on Galaxy S10e SM-G970F Android 9 Pie
- Make sure your phone isn’t RMM Locked. If RMM Locked or you can not see OEM unlock options in Developer options.
- Open ODIN software
- In Option make sure to ticked F.Reset Time only and disable Auto-Reboot.
- In Files Download ticked AP and pointing to the location of TWRP .tar file
- Enter Download Mode ( Connected USB Cable to PC, Turn Power off the phone, Press and hold Bixby + Volume Down keys together then while pressing these keys connecting the phone to PC with USB Cable Data, release all keys when Download Mode appears )
- In Download Mode you see the long press Volume Up option for unlock Bootloader. Unlock the bootloader ( that will wipe your device so be sure to backup of your data )
- After Bootloader unlock, reboot the phone and make sure it is connected to the internet or triggers KG State / RMM State Prenormal.
- Setup the phone without google account etc
- Reboot the phone in Recovery mode and perform a factory reset
- Reboot to Download mode and flash the TWRP_S10e_Magisk_Prepatched.tar.
- Reboot to TWRP Recovery Mode by holding vol up + power key, release all keys when you are in TWRP Recovery Mode.
- Flashing Encryption_Disabler_S10_S10+_S10E.zip ( note: he needs to get flashed every time you reflash a vendor partition ) MAKE SURE YOU HAVE IT ON EXTERNAL SD CARD SINCE MTP does not SUPPORT TO TWRP OR MTP WILL BE BROKEN WHEN SYSTEM IS BOOTED.
- For rooting, Reboot to TWRP Recovery and Install Magisk.
NOTE: For boot then all other times rooted press Vol up + Bixby + Power key until you see S10e logo and release it.
If for any reason you fail to install TWRP multiple times/different methods or something goes wrong and you want to flash the ROM visit this post How to flash ROM on Galaxy S10e SM-G970F.
Notes / Warning!
- Use at your own risk, I’m not responsible for bricking your device.
- Using the incorrect file may brick your device.
- If your target device has a custom firmware flash counter, Rooting will trigger it. If you’re lucky, Triangle Away has support for your device and can be used to reset the counter.
- If you have a KNOX-enabled device, Rooting will trip the KNOX WARRANTY VOID status !
- If your device storage is encrypted, Rooting will wipe your data !
- If you have locked bootloaders, flashing one of these will probably brick your device – with the exception of Nexus devices, which will usually automatically “OEM unlock” and wipe your data !
- Make sure to backup your important data before root it.